Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 Hellcat Redeye in white knuckle with silver stripes
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I know a bunch of us did the Mercedes emergency brake mod to match our Mopar pedal kits after Speedy posted it.
Five speed guys had it easy, it fits right on.
But, some of us have a different style pedal under the pad.
Now I cut away the needed area but that only leaves 2 sides and a little corner to grab on with......... it's not holding:disgust:
So far I've tried silicone adhesive and Gorilla glue no luck.
HELP!
Any suggestions?!?!?.:scratchhead:

·
Registered
487 Posts
I'm not aware of this mod. Can you post pics or info regarding the MB pedal?
________
Paxil side effect

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I had to do the cut similar to the original brake pedal on the MB. Used a flat head to help ease the rubber sides over the metal pedal. Just put some muscle behind it and it should fit.

I started with the left side (door side) and then used the flat head to pull the sides of the rubber pedal over the metal pedal.

Hope that helps

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks ray....
I tried a two part epoxy which is holding so far.
If it does'nt, superglue will be next.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I had this problem too, I tried silcone, tape, adhesive goo, etc, get EPOXY, mix it, apply it on the metal (liberally) and then seat the e-brake over it, voila, that sucker won't ever move again! Thats the only way I found to easily do it, and it worked great, Epoxy works perfect with metal and rubber apparently just gotta find the right ones.

If you used a good multi-purpose epoxy you should be solid, I tried pulling mine off..it's like concrete, I just found you do have to apply a good bit to even coverage, just as I noted with double sided mounting tape I had to layer it 3-4x just to make contact with the inner rubber when seated o_O

Super glue only has a fraction of the strength Epoxy does, so no matter what, I think your better off than you would have been with super glue.

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool....Good to know I'm on the right track with the epoxy:smokin:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts