Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help in taking off the light section of my SRT Core Challenger, the instructions just say to "pull the light fixture toward you" after trying to follow the instructions (which are simpler said than done) the outside screws seem to just about to break free but the inter two seem to be what is holding in the light, I do not want to break anything and the damn thing does not "just come out"

If you know what it really takes to get this light fixture out, please tell me what is keeping this light from coming off...............

Thanks Guys!:SM030:

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Check the sequential lights threads for detailed instructions how to do this. :)

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
After you remove the two screws on upper side behind the plastic covers, remove the lower two push pins through the bottom, BACK OFF the four wing nuts but leave them on at ends of threads and push THEM forward as the light has three clip-ins but usually it is the THREADS from these 4 bolts (the wing nuts are on) that are binding and keeping from releasing. The clip-ins are one in the middle and one at either end, so I usually work one end then the other (farthest wing nuts), but it will come and it IS quite frightening the first time you remove it! ;) PS helps to have someone help cause as you pull light out, the lid will want to spring up on the struts, helper keeps it from springing up once released.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sick'r Bee, got a question:

After you remove the two screws on upper side behind the plastic covers, remove the lower two push pins through the bottom, BACK OFF the four wing nuts but leave them on at ends of threads and push THEM forward as the light has three clip-ins but usually it is the THREADS from these 4 bolts (the wing nuts are on) that are binding and keeping from releasing. The clip-ins are one in the middle and one at either end, so I usually work one end then the other (farthest wing nuts), but it will come and it IS quite frightening the first time you remove it! ;) PS helps to have someone help cause as you pull light out, the lid will want to spring up on the struts, helper keeps it from springing up once released.
What are/where are the "lower two push pins" I just knew that something was going on besides just "pull toward you"
Thank you so much for giving me this info! I really do appreciate it!!!

David L. Chacon

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Bottom edge of trunklid there are two 2-piece push pins, lift up on the "head" of these from the base releases them (think reusable rivet) then they come right out. Two torx screws, these two retainers/pins, the four wing nuts, then pull towards you to release the 3 clips ins.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dude, thanks!

Bottom edge of trunklid there are two 2-piece push pins, lift up on the "head" of these from the base releases them (think reusable rivet) then they come right out. Two torx screws, these two retainers/pins, the four wing nuts, then pull towards you to release the 3 clips ins.
Sick'r bee! you are the one that led me in the right path on taking off my light bar!
got her done and this is the wing that I finally got done, thanks again:

·
Premium Member
Dodge Challenger RT Plus
26 Posts
The wing doesn't come painted, I am assuming.
Does anyone have a price on getting the wing painted?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think that I paid around $125.00 put it in your car and go to different paint shops and just ask, just make sure that they use enough "clear" and of course the right paint number....

You'll get used to the "bigness" of the wing, just go for it and it will grow on you!:thumbsup:

David

·
Registered
127 Posts
Sorry to drag up an old thread, but for the SRT-8 did you still need to drill holes. I know people had to for the SE and R/T but a vendor told me the SRT-8 already had all the holes drilled.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts