Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm asked my dealer to turn them on when my cars arrives.

They have never done this.

So here is the question.

They say the car needs a code (LMK) in memory to activate the day time running lights. All cars sold in Canada have this.

Is there someone here that has inside knowledge of what the procedure to activate the DRL in a 2014 USA car is ?

Thanks again for your feedback.

:icon_cheers::icon_cheers::icon_cheers:

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Ah the power of using search. I have to remember to a search first : -)

I think I found a post from RWB44

Note to Service Tech's to Activate DRL's on the Dodge Challenger in the United States.

You do not have to Change COUNTRY code (ie. Canada, Unites States, etc.) to do this.
It is NOT in the vehicle Prep Area!

This is done in TIPM (Total Integrated Power Module) Programming Options.

With StarScan (or with 2010 and newer StarMobile or WiTech) go into TIPM setup. Note: Do not use Wycliff for this!

Note: We can do this also for add on "fog lamps" on other models.

StarScan or StarMobile:
ECU View --->
TIPM/CGW --->
Misc Functions --->
Enable DRL - follow prompts.

Check the status of the DRL and see if its ENABLED. It is not listed as "Daytime Running Lights" but it is actually listed as "DRL" in the scan tool.

This site just rocks.

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
#10 here: Top Challenger Tips and Tricks

and if they want to charge you, tell them you feel it is a Safety Feature, and you want this Safety Feature turned on!

·
Registered
14,080 Posts
Here's the thread I used to get mine activated.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f19/anyone-know-option-code-drls-156777/

The 2014's are different it seems, sales code LMK must be added.

I'm not exactly sure what they did as they would not let me around the car while they
were working on it. I printed out Tip #41 updated for 2014 and gave it to them. Make
sure to remind them about the parking brake. If you have a 6-spd the DRL's will not
come on until the parking brake is released, automatics must have parking brake released
and be in drive I believe.

Top Challenger Tips and Tricks

NOTE For 2014 Challengers!
Seems that Chrysler has made changes to the TIPM setup menus and the dealer techs are
having problems finding where to enable the feature for 2014 model Challengers. It may be
easier for them to add the "sales code" via dealerconnect.net and turn them on with this code.

LMK Daytime Running Headlamps (Fleet)
2014 Dodge Challenger option packages and pricing.

Update on 2014 Challenger:
FYI, according to my Tech, its DRL option is located in the TIPM menu, ECU settings and the DRL
option is located in there. There is no option code for it. The option to turn them on and off is in
the TIPM setup.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
ABSOLUTELY it is a safety feature. That's why my insurance company gives a discount if the car can utilize DRL's. When I bring my car in for its first oil change I am going to see if they can activate it.

·
Registered
610 Posts
anybody know about activating parking lights as daytime running lights?

·
Registered
14,080 Posts
Why is this NOT a selection in the EVIC system?
Agree, this should be easy for any owner to do, why do we have to jump thru all these hoops?

Anyway, I think the Dart has the ability to turn them on/off thru the 8.4 Uconnect,
maybe the 2015 will have the same feature.

·
Registered
2009 R/T
1,371 Posts

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here's the thread I used to get mine activated.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f19/anyone-know-option-code-drls-156777/

The 2014's are different it seems, sales code LMK must be added.

I'm not exactly sure what they did as they would not let me around the car while they
were working on it. I printed out Tip #41 updated for 2014 and gave it to them. Make
sure to remind them about the parking brake. If you have a 6-spd the DRL's will not
come on until the parking brake is released, automatics must have parking brake released
and be in drive I believe.

Top Challenger Tips and Tricks

NOTE For 2014 Challengers!
Seems that Chrysler has made changes to the TIPM setup menus and the dealer techs are
having problems finding where to enable the feature for 2014 model Challengers. It may be
easier for them to add the "sales code" via dealerconnect.net and turn them on with this code.

LMK Daytime Running Headlamps (Fleet)
2014 Dodge Challenger option packages and pricing.

Update on 2014 Challenger:
FYI, according to my Tech, its DRL option is located in the TIPM menu, ECU settings and the DRL
option is located in there. There is no option code for it. The option to turn them on and off is in
the TIPM setup.
We'll heck. The GM who I been dealing with really wants to help me. I sent him all the tips from this post and he passed it to his service manager. The SM called me and said they have tried this on several shop 2014 vehicles without any luck????

What's wrong here. Can somewhere, maybe a tech that's has done this send me the processes that will help get my DRLs on. I'm sure they are not following these steps, or is it really that difficult.

Thanks from Reno, NV.:cheers::cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
i am going Tuesday morning for my first oil change and have asked the dealer to activate my DRL's while there. I will let you know if they know what they are doing. I am hoping they have done it for someone before.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
i am going Tuesday morning for my first oil change and have asked the dealer to activate my DRL's while there. I will let you know if they know what they are doing. I am hoping they have done it for someone before.
You should bring the instructions, just incase. I had to when I went the 2nd time and it worked for me.

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yes please let me know how it went.

thanks

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Like I said earlier, it is done through the Chrysler scan tool. No sales codes or anything.
Ya, you'd think it would be a no brainer.

We'll there's a reason I do all my own work.

Out of respect for my friend I'll get this done. Even if we help educate : -)

:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Which Dealer, I have a friend at Atlantic if you are going there.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts