Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 09 R/T and my front bumber has been damaged by a shopping cart or who knows what. Anyway instead of replacing it with another 08-10 style bumper I wanna change it to a 11-up style. It's cheaper and looks better to me. My only confusion is with the fogs. Do the 11+ use a different housing and bulb than the 08-10? The reason I ask is mine are Looking worn so I thought I'd just replace them while I'm at it

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
It is a different housing and the plug is also different.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright so the housing should be slightly different. That's what I needed to know. Now gotta find the part # for the 08-10 housings. From what I read they both mount to the bumper the same

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Upon further investigation sounds like the housing is the same but the bulb and wiring is different. Sound right?

·
Supporting Vendors
1,339 Posts
The housing might appear the same, but the bulb is different and will have a different socket. I'm fairly certain they are model year specific, but if the mounts are the same it won't make a difference, you can use either bulb and wire it up

Nick C.

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
You're better off with your 2010 style housings, the 2011+ PSX24W bulbs are crap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts