Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2009 Challenger SRT8. As of recently, I have had a TON of issues with it. At about 35k the transmission had to be rebuilt and when I had it done, the transmission rebuild shop put an "upgraded shift kit" in it. About 6 months later the car died and unfortunately it sat dead for about two months before I could get a new battery for it. When I finally got to put a new one in, I would drive and it would lose power and shut off. I then realized that the alternator had to be replaced. Soon after replacing the alternator, I had the ABS, check engine, emergency brake light, traction control, and ESP/ BAS warning lights. I used my OBDII reader and had the following codes:

-P0501: Vehicle Speed Sensor A Range/ Performance
-U1412: Implausible vehicle speed signal received
-U1409: Implausible left front wheel speed signal received
-U140C: Implausible right rear wheel speed signal received
-U140A: Implausible right front wheel speed signal received
-U140B: Implausible left rear wheel speed signal received
-U1418: Implausible right wheel distance signal received
-U1417: Implausible left wheel distance signal received
-U1412: Implausible vehicle speed signal received
-C121A: Steering angle sensor not initialized
-C2204: Dynamic Sensor Internal
-C2200: Anti-lock brake module Internal
-C102B: Right rear speed sensor circuit
-C1020: Left rear wheal speed sensor circuit
-C1015: Right front wheel speed sensor circuit
-C100A: Left front wheel speed sensor circuit

Additionally, when I shift the vehicle into gear it is jumping forward (or backwards) depending if I put it in drive or reverse. The last time I drove it, the speedometer stopped working and sometimes the vehicle would only left me go about 20 mph. I would have to pull over and turn it off and on multiple times before it would start to work again. I don't know what to do at this time and really need help. I think that the ABS module and the computer might have died but i want to see what everyone thinks. Anything helps and I really appreciate any input!

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,310 Posts
Yeah, it sounds like ABS module is toast. BTW you can use the online chilton's manual to help you diagnose if it is bad or not.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts