Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For reasons I'd rather not discuss now, I would like to verify that the mileage on the Gage Cluster matches the mileage on the ECM. How can I pull the mileage from the ECM? Can this be done from a ODB-II reader? If the dealer must do it, how should I politely ask - because if the mileage is different (and different would be a few thousand miles) there could be a problem.
Ted in Phoenix

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will most dealers just get the info if asked? May I watch? I mean this info could trigger a lawyer visit...

·
Registered
232 Posts
Most decent scan tools will show the mileage. I am almost sure that the cluster is just a display for the mileage, it is not held in the cluster. I think if you put another cluster in a car it would read the same mileage.

·
Premium Member
9,658 Posts
Most decent scan tools will show the mileage. I am almost sure that the cluster is just a display for the mileage, it is not held in the cluster. I think if you put another cluster in a car it would read the same mileage.
I've owned other brands and a new odometer had to come to the dealership and be set at the last known reading on the dash.
Dodge may be different.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts