Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,298 Posts
Just have some made. You're going to need custom pistons.
Agree with this guy^. Don't cheap out especially with your goal of 8k rpm. Is a shop building this engine or are you doing it yourself?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,209 Posts
Is there a reason you are set on such high RPMs if I might ask?

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,209 Posts
Oooooo k

A Guy

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
1,320 Posts
Som3asr,

If I can offer some advice here. It sounds like you're building an older vehicle for top speed or possibly Bonneville type racing.
This group is not going to be very helpful for that. Most of the guys on here looking for easy bolt-ons and detailing advice for the modern 2008+ Challengers.

Maybe try to find a group for top-speed specific racing?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Som3asr,

If I can offer some advice here. It sounds like you're building an older vehicle for top speed or possibly Bonneville type racing.
This group is not going to be very helpful for that. Most of the guys on here looking for easy bolt-ons and detailing advice for the modern 2008+ Challengers.

Maybe try to find a group for top-speed specific racing?
The engine is from a 64 car with matching numbers and so far I've built the full car i just need to finish engine and tranny.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,298 Posts
The engine is from a 64 car with matching numbers and so far I've built the full car i just need to finish engine and tranny.
Ohhhh this isn't a 6.1? Idk why I thought u said 6.1 hemi on a different thread. If you know the stroke of the engine drop it in here. I'll figure out piston speed so you know what is a realistic RPM limit

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ohhhh this isn't a 6.1? Idk why I thought u said 6.1 hemi on a different thread. If you know the stroke of the engine drop it in here. I'll figure out piston speed so you know what is a realistic RPM limit
I've both alongside to a 400 block
413 bored to 4.248 with 3.75 stroke
6.1 stock bore and stroke

1 - 18 of 18 Posts