Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Thanks for taking the time reading this threat and for the help. So I'm th I king of trading in my 2015 sxt for a nice 2017 rt scatpack! Just wondering if any of you guys have any opinions as to how much will I get for my trade in by dodge dealer or car max? My car is black on black, car looks amazing new since I buffed it n waxed it for about 8 hours of work. Interior looks new as well since no one ever sits in the back. The mileage for the is at 23,700 miles. I've been looking around online deals and found some good scatpack deals around as low as 33k to 37k before taxes n all that. My credit score falls in 680 to 710 n got pre approved by my credit union. I owe 16k on my car. So how can I go by getting that scat pack? Should I get the number deal first then say hey I got pre approved from my credit union bank n lastly say oh n i like to trade in my car as well? As for after market parts.... I know... It's not worth nothing I'm sure. But I have installed an age intake, spoiler, flowmaster exhaust, HID housing kit, HID fog lights oem, springs to lower the car +1 inch, 245 front perilli tires, and 275 on the rear with hellcat replica wheels. Still have all original parts except the 18" stock wheels. Still under warranty till 36k miles and never had any mechanical problems, wash the ride once a week for the past 3 years haha, not one car What. Kbb, cars.com, car gury, rate this car private sale 20k+ n trade in from 17k to 19k Many thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
2,334 Posts
What all the cars sites say your car is worth, is correct in my opinion.

The unfortunate thing is a dealer won't offer you near that. At least in my experience. :surprise:

Being that you owe 16K on the car, do you really want to be digging a deeper hole in upgrading? I don't mean to sound like a downer, but it's something to think about.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I also thought about that. If for some reason I would break even getting that 16k paid off would be the fine with me. Yeah I'll be 33k+ plus in debt with the new car. My current car is fine no complaints at all. For a v6 it ran a 5.9 at 0 to 60 haha. I couldn't believe it haha. Still happy either side. Just wanted some opinions on the value from you guys. Many Thanks!

·
Registered
958 Posts
market is flooded with used Challengers all years all versions many with lower mileage than yours.

My 2 cents is stay with what you have especially given what you owe and all the mods. That's an awful lot of potential debt to carry and life has a way of upsetting your plans with surprises.

Take a look at CarMax just to get an idea what they sell for and figure they probably bought it for ~ 3-5 K less than they are selling it for. Pretty sobering.

Best wishes.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Not sure they would even give you what you owe......

·
Registered
50 Posts
https://www.kbb.com/instant-cash-offer/

If you want to test the market, use this tool. You will get a cash offer and the dealers that will honor it. Then you can decide how you feel about the value for your current car. The wheels, try to find someone with 18s that is willing to trade and come up with some money. Maybe $500 on top? Because the dealer wont give you a penny more for your wheels or any of your mods. Are you in socal? I might be willing to trade wheels. :)

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Well, perhaps try again in the dead of winter, see if their attitude changes. Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts