Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Zoomers on my 2012 392. I have some hearing loss (I'm 59), and ringing in the ears. The Zoomers really don't drone, which is one of the reasons I bought them a few years ago, but they are too loud for me now. I need a new catback system that is relatively quiet unless I pounce on the gas. I tried some ear plugs, but that sucks.

Any ideas on a not so loud system (without drone of course) that still gives you something when you jump on it?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
25,512 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Corsa. Sport is quieter than OE, the Extreme is slightly louder than OE when cruising, both let you know you are full throttle.

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Corsa. Sport is quieter than OE, the Extreme is slightly louder than OE when cruising, both let you know you are full throttle.
True. I had Corsa on a couple Vipers I used to have and they were very good. Thanks for the reminder.

·
Registered
239 Posts
i hope this is not me too, im putting zoomers on this weekend and i hope they are not over the top loud inside the car

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i hope this is not me too, im putting zoomers on this weekend and i hope they are not over the top loud inside the car
No, they are not. They are the ones that sound closest to the old mopars which is why I bought them. Also, I have a convertible so that makes a difference when the top is up as more sound comes in I think. Also Also, I am 59 years old with hearing loss and ringing in my ears. I would not consider these too loud if it wasn't for that. They are also virtually drone free. I simply need something pretty quiet... not Toyota Avalon quiet, but closer to that than I am now.

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,490 Posts
Flowmaster 50 series

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
George, consider going back to a OE system. The OE exhaust is really very good and sounds great. You might be very happy.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The thing I have learned is all the hype around Corsa is crazy talk until you own system. I have never had a better exhaust. The only that put me off was using the stock section of exhaust. They fixed that now. Just my opinion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts