Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find the correct font/layout of the SE/SXT badges (if any).
Does anyone have any images of the SE and SXT badges (if any) from online, owners manual, web sites?

I created some Challenger R/T decals for the rear deck lid for our group and some of our SE/SXT owners would like the same but in their trim level. I just can't find a clear image of or what they look like. I've seen what people have interpreted but I'm looking for the official logo/badge if any.

Thanks in advance.

Here are the RT ones I've created (I've created these to show the car's body color through them

·
Registered
2013 Challenger SXT
1,221 Posts
I bought a new 2013 base model sxt challenger, had no sxt badging,
in the front grille was "challenger"
and nothing elsewhere except taillights says "dodge" in the white lense
for back up.

I think it would look good to do a decal like you show but just put sxt instead of
r/t

Reactions: Sith R/T

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
SXT badge werr used on other vehicles beforr the challenger.
The plain one was used on the caravan while the sportyer looking sxt was on the durango.

I find the font a lot of people use for their sxt resembles the srt from a distance, much prefer the durangoa font.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
958 Posts
do an Ebay search. I recently picked up some SXT emblems of various types. There is also an SXT 6 emblem that is a knockoff of an SRT 8 emblem, I bought one of those also but haven't applied any of them. Was just looking at options. I want something for that empty spot in the front grill.

If you do make the decal let us know, I like what you did with the see thru Challenger RT logo. For the darker colored cars - mine is Jazz Blue for instance - the "Challenger" script might have to be in silver or white or some other color to contrast a bit...?

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, from what I found the SXT which resembles the SRT is what is most common. I know the SXT's don't come with badges but I swore I saw something on the dodge site. Then again dodge has a way of not making things user friendly in more ways then one.

Rallye72, will definitely show you what I come up with. I actually try and compliment the body color with custom colors. All our centralfloridachallengerowner.com stickers match the body color.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
OK I need your opinion which looks better

*note red is for my design work color (sorry for the watermark)

SE's will follow the R/T version in regards to the size and placement of the SE. It's the SXT that I can't make up my mind. Do I go full size as the H, L , L and G or do I follow the "enger" for the size of the SXT

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Just my $0.02, but I like the bottom SXT graphic better. Would probably buy a solid chrome or red one for my grill.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
958 Posts
Bottom. Sxt script should be smaller if it's for the spoiler.

You may want to play around with some different fonts for a stand alone front SXT badge.

·
Registered
140 Posts
OK I need your opinion which looks better

*note red is for my design work color (sorry for the watermark)

SE's will follow the R/T version in regards to the size and placement of the SE. It's the SXT that I can't make up my mind. Do I go full size as the H, L , L and G or do I follow the "enger" for the size of the SXT
Could you do an overlay of this on a spoiler picture to get a better idea of it?

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, was trying to do that yesterday to find out my DPI was too small. Granted when I convert this to an ESP for my cutter it does not matter. Working on this now.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
OK here is a mockup using the picture (with RT) I posted above

Going to run a few of these, on my potter to test fit on a friends SXT. Will post pictures of those as well.

Thanks for everyone help, now on to the SE version

Reactions: Rallye72

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
I think the dodge charger "3.5L High Output" fender emblems would look cool on 08-10 SE's.
I went a bit more custom for my 2009

Reactions: dragons layer

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
As confusing as Challenger is to Charger (just got a WB port added to my ARH LTs because they wrote Charger when you know I said "Challenger"), the very first mod to my SE was a V6 emblem. SE was a trim on the Classic Challengers and Chargers, and up untill 2011 model year SXT was Canadian V6s, so much simpler to add the V6 logo and cuts a lot of confusion, and when you PASS something they KNOW that they were beaten by a lowly little V6 why I still only badge rear of my Challenger as it's all anyone sees! :D

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SXT suggested I try the Challenger Block font and here is a mock up of that.

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
SXT suggested I try the Challenger Block font and here is a mock up of that.

That looks great!

You wouldn't want to sell me one of those in white would you(I have a black spoiler)?

·
Registered
151 Posts
I think you could do good selling these with the block. if you do some in silver metallic let me know where to send it and how much

1 - 20 of 23 Posts