Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!

I currently have a 2006 Chrysler 300c 5.7 (Did some minor appearance / performance mods) but will be soon selling it for a Silver Challenger SRT8 Manual!

I have a couple of questions...
Are there any years to say away from?
Anything common to look for when I go to look at it / test drive it?
Anything I should know?

Thank you guys!

·
Premium Member
3,128 Posts
They are solid cars with minimal problems. Try to find a low miles garage queen. 09 and 10 have 6.1 11 and newer have the 392. 11 and newer have a different suspension.

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
Personally I would go for the 392 it's got all the toque and power the suspension was refined in 2011 and the SRT 6 speed is a nice car hopefully your chasing after one that is still a virgin and hasn't been modified to heavily. The closer to stock the better also consider getting a Chrysler extended service plan. Your looking to purchase at the right time there are plenty of older models available since the 2015 came to market.

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Welcome to the forum, they are all great cars. As stated above different years have different engines and offerings and the colors offered also differ by year. The most important thing is to find a rock solid car, there should be many to choose from. Go to the vehicles for sale section of this great forum, good luck..

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys!

I have been looking for a very long time because I do want to get a bone stock, garage queen, perfect 1 owner Silver 6 Speed and now ( thanks to the Hellcat ) the prices have dropped A LOT!

I am hoping to find the right one this winter/ spring now that I can afford it, just waiting for the perfect one!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts