Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just completed putting in a new engine cradle in my Challenger today. SO my problem is bleeding the electro-hydrolic power steering pump. Can you just bleed it like a normal pulley driven pump? I am getting a lot of whining coming from the steering rack/pump. Please help. What do I need to do?

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Get the front wheels off the ground and cycle the rack lock to lock a few times with the engine running then shut it off and let it sit for an hour or so. There really isnt a special proceedure. The air will work itself out. On really stubborn systems i put a rubber plug in the top of the resivour that has a hole in it and put a vacume. pump on it to draw the air out of the fluid, You shouldn't need to do that

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Get the front wheels off the ground and cycle the rack lock to lock a few times with the engine running then shut it off and let it sit for an hour or so. There really isnt a special proceedure. The air will work itself out. On really stubborn systems i put a rubber plug in the top of the resivour that has a hole in it and put a vacume. pump on it to draw the air out of the fluid, You shouldn't need to do that

Thanks for the reply. That is what I have been doing. I will give it another shot tomorrow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts