Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to remove the plastic vents. Removed the two screws that retain the extractor grills. Nothing. Tried pushing the clips on the center grill. Nothing. Was planning on wrapping the hood tonight. Can’t seem to remove them. Help!

Thanks
Bill D

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Was finally able to remove the air extractor grills but not the center scoop. So frustrated . Have searched YouTube for help and they make it look easy. Mine is not complying.

Dropped a flashlight in the engine bay. Can’t get it out. Now will have the car towed to the dealer to extract it.

Im beginning to dislike this car

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Using a flashlight to see in the holes in the hood to pop out the center scoop grill. Finally was able to retrieve the flashlight and pop put the grill. Tomorrow I’ll start the wrap

·
Registered
180 Posts
Using a flashlight to see in the holes in the hood to pop out the center scoop grill. Finally was able to retrieve the flashlight and pop put the grill. Tomorrow I’ll start the wrap
Glad you got it out. Best of luck. Can’t wait to see the wrap. 👍🏻

Sometimes you need to step away and take a break. And the next try, wala. Comes right out.

·
Premium Member
3,362 Posts
Glad the elusive light surfaced.
What kind of wrap are you doing?

·
Premium Member
4,609 Posts
Was finally able to remove the air extractor grills but not the center scoop. So frustrated . Have searched YouTube for help and they make it look easy. Mine is not complying.

Dropped a flashlight in the engine bay. Can’t get it out. Now will have the car towed to the dealer to extract it.

Im beginning to dislike this car
I dropped a ratchet with an extension and socket down there on my brand new car. I didn't find it until a week later when I had my exhaust tips installed. They let me look around that sea of plastic panels in the front, and it ended up right by a large hole. I was able to fish it out. This was my favorite ratchet, purchased by my Dad for me when I got my first job at a body shop way back in 1983, so it had sentimental value for me. What I didn't want was for it to fall out and punch a hole it someones radiator!

Reactions: F8HemiRT

·
Registered
2021 F8 Green Scat Pack Shaker
278 Posts
I dropped a ratchet with an extension and socket down there on my brand new car. I didn't find it until a week later when I had my exhaust tips installed. They let me look around that sea of plastic panels in the front, and it ended up right by a large hole. I was able to fish it out. This was my favorite ratchet, purchased by my Dad for me when I got my first job at a body shop way back in 1983, so it had sentimental value for me. What I didn't want was for it to fall out and punch a hole it someones radiator!
You drove around with a complete ratchet with an extension and socket in your engine bay, for a week...:oops:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Glad the elusive light surfaced.
What kind of wrap are you doing?
I “was” doing matte black. Failed miserably. Tossed into garbage. Made an appointment with a local shop next month to wrap the hood satin black, apply paint protection film to the front fenders and bumper, and wrap the taillights with dark carbon fiber from Luxe.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Bottom panels...
I've got some of those (kid) killer magnets - used one the other day to drag something around and up.
I'd bet good money they will pull through plastic panel.
I keep 'em wrapped up in tape so they don't scratch or get separated - remove skin when they re-combine - ask how I know!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts