Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2011 gwe srt
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok I just picked up a 2011 srt 6.4 6speed manual. It has a mopar intake setup and a cat back exhaust. My question is on tuners. Ive been a chev man for quite a few years and had diablos for my last three silverados and my last vette. All were autos. It allways seemed to me that the real gain was in shifting quickness and shift points and getting rid of torque management. Theres not much that can be improved with a stick other then with the man with hand on the nob. Is there really going to be a seat of the pants improvement with a diablo on a stick car that justifys the cost?

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
10,007 Posts
Maxing out the Throttle Boost param in conjunction with the 93 canned tune will yield a seat of the pants difference, but it will quickly be gotten used to.

The biggest performance difference will come from getting a custom tune (email or otherwise) and using the DiabloSport tuner to load it.

Is all that worth the money? Only you can answer that.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,298 Posts
I doubt you'll feel much gains on a 6.4. Atleast with the 5.7s you can go from an 89 tune to 93 and advance timing a bit but 392 is already 91. Unless you're looking into cam, headers, boost you're better off saving your money.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
10,427 Posts
I doubt you'll feel much gains on a 6.4. Atleast with the 5.7s you can go from an 89 tune to 93 and advance timing a bit but 392 is already 91. Unless you're looking into cam, headers, boost you're better off saving your money.
5.7 M6 minimum octane requirement is same as a 6.4...91. On manuals I would say there are not much gains in terms of power to be had on a stock setup but you can play with throttle table and torque management so when you accidently hit redline that it does not take forever to recover. The best mod IMO is the CDV removal which is zero cost and improves clutch engagement when driving the car hard.

As for the diablo 93 tune on a manual I posted a comparison of the changes using HP tuners. Granted it was on my 5.7 M6 but it will almost be the same for a 6.4...i.e. tip in spark retard is reduced, knock sensors slightly desensitized, fuel/spark tables slightly tweaked. Nothing done to air tables or VVT cam tables.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.