Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bored and I have a little money to spend. What should I do next to my car? Coilovers? Better tires? I'm running stock tires right right now. Upgrade the brakes? Looking for something in the 1k-ish and under category. I have a 2015 5.7 with the STP package.

What I've done so far:

Hellcat air box with upgraded air filter
Barton shifter
Tinted windows
3" Catback exhaust with quad tips

·
Registered
2016 Pitch Black Challenger R/T 6MT
6 Posts
I think better tires. Not sure what size your wheels are but a set of 275/40/20's seem to be popular! something I plan on doing on mine.

·
Registered
2018 Hellcat. 2017 Scatpack.
2,417 Posts
wheels make the car, they also can drop wieght which improves overall perf.
Tires make or break the cars ability to put any perf mods, down to the pavement, improve drive quality, etc. Stock tires on nearly every dodge, flat suck.
Not sure if you could realistically do both for $1k, but thats where Id start.

Reactions: spenbass

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,660 Posts
Lowering springs really change the look

A Guy

·
Registered
2020 R/T Scat Pack 1320 edition
114 Posts
Are you planning on replacing all 4 with 275's? Or just rear?
My 2020 came with 275 for all 4. That way you can rotate the tires from front to back instead of side to side. I know having wider tires on the back looks more drag spec but I would stick to all 4

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
713 Posts
Better tires.

·
Registered
2016 Pitch Black Challenger R/T 6MT
6 Posts
Are you planning on replacing all 4 with 275's? Or just rear?
I’d like to run 275’s on all 4 corners but I keep hearing mixed things about running them on the front. If anyone can chime in with some info that would be cool haha

·
Registered
99 Posts
HID or LED headlight bulbs, if you haven't yet. Make sure to aim them accordingly to avoid blinding others on the road. How about upgrading the audio system?

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,596 Posts
What are your mod goals? Do you want your Challenger to look better/different/more personalized or want it to handle better, go faster? The answer to this question will get you a more definitive answer to your question.

A Guy's suggestion to lowering springs is a good one. Dropping your car even an inch will change the attitude (or altitude of your Challenger too :)) and make her look meaner. It more than likely will also improve handling.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,660 Posts
I’d like to run 275’s on all 4 corners but I keep hearing mixed things about running them on the front. If anyone can chime in with some info that would be cool haha
275/40-20 square on 9" to 9.5" with correct offset (as found on OEM wheels, and replicas) will be fine on a R/T (non SRT)

A Guy

Reactions: NoahMast

·
Registered
2011 gwe srt
847 Posts
save a bit longer and get headers. Or find some 6.4 shortys cheap and get a tune.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts