Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes , I know I'm asking for trouble here.

I want to wrap the hood of my Scat Pack in Carbon Fiber vinyl wrap or do dual stripes from front to back in either a gun metal gray to match the wheels or carbon fiber.

If any one has pics of an Indigo Blue car with either stripes or a wrapped hood, please share. Also, let me know if you think this is a good move or not. I have no experience with vinyl wrap and your opinion would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Will-

·
Premium Member
4,047 Posts
Yes , I know I'm asking for trouble here.

I want to wrap the hood of my Scat Pack in Carbon Fiber vinyl wrap or do dual stripes from front to back in either a gun metal gray to match the wheels or carbon fiber.

If any one has pics of an Indigo Blue car with either stripes or a wrapped hood, please share. Also, let me know if you think this is a good move or not. I have no experience with vinyl wrap and your opinion would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Will-
Can't help with the viability of vinyl wraps. But here is a picture of my Indigo Scat with the factory Bumblebee stripe. I think it looks good but the car has a red interior, brake calipers, shift knob and valve stem caps (more to come). I wish I could have got the stripe in red to match the blue/red theme.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood
Tire Cloud Wheel Sky Land vehicle

·
Premium Member
2008 Challenger SRT8 #1101. 2005 Dodge Magnum RT AWD
562 Posts
Can't help with the viability of vinyl wraps. But here is a picture of my Indigo Scat with the factory Bumblebee stripe. I think it looks good but the car has a red interior, brake calipers, shift knob and valve stem caps (more to come). I wish I could have got the stripe in red to match the blue/red theme.

View attachment 1021063 View attachment 1021064
Tell you what, if I was able to get one brand new I might be in the market for this blue. It is extremely striking

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

View attachment 1021063 View attachment 1021064
I did the Bumble Bee Stripes. I have a friend that has a black Challenger with Red Reflective Bee Strips, and it looks killer.

Just trying to do something a little different is all. Just a lot of blue on this car, not that its bad, just seems l a bit boring.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,047 Posts
There is company's that will make the decals in other colors ......... Google Search Custom Color Challenger Stripes ...
Yeah I thought of having mine redone in red. Maybe some day. Don't want to mess with the factory stripe though. Especially since I paid for it! If I had it to do over, I might have ordered the SRT spoiler and had the stripes done myself. Hindsight. OCD is a serious affliction.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I'm not one for carbon wrapped hoods. It looks to fake. You can never get the look of real carbon. I think carbon wrap should only be done on small intricate stuff. Black wrap doesn't look bad.
things.

·
Premium Member
4,047 Posts
I'm not one for carbon wrapped hoods. It looks to fake. You can never get the look of real carbon. I think carbon wrap should only be done on small intricate stuff. Black wrap doesn't look bad. View attachment 1021142 View attachment 1021143 things.
I agree. The hood wrap doesn't work for me. However, I like the front chin spoiler. Would match my carbon fiber interior. Hmmm.......

·
Registered
307 Posts
I agree. The hood wrap doesn't work for me. However, I like the front chin spoiler. Would match my carbon fiber interior. Hmmm.......
Thats not wrap on the hood, thats real. my point was you can't get the depth with the wrap. Spoiler was just at a better angle I guess lol.

Reactions: Midlife Mischief

·
Premium Member
4,047 Posts
Thats not wrap on the hood, thats real. my point was you can't get the depth with the wrap. Spoiler was just at a better angle I guess lol. View attachment 1021156
The hood does look real. Just a little too much of a good thing to me. To each his own.
Still like the spoiler!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Got the rear SRT spoiler too

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That carbon hood is the $hit! I'd love to do that with my widebody. Needs exhaust badly.

Got the rear SRT spoiler too

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Oh man! Now you're killing me. What a combo!!! :p
Any chance you'll share were you got all the parts from? I'm totally jealous Looks amazing.

·
Registered
307 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts