Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I’m new to the forum and have a 17 Charger 392 Daytona. I had asked this question over at hellcat.org and a member suggested posting the same question here.

I’m hoping to get to the bottom of some issues I’m having with a recently installed ProCharger. I purchased the kit that comes with a fuel pump, 52 lb injectors, P1X head unit, intercooler, and a diable sport tuner. I’m currently running a tune provided by ProCharger. All was installed by my Dodge mechanic along with a set of colder plugs all gapped to ProCharger’s specs.

Here’s my issues. The car is tame as can be under normal driving but at WOT the car falls on it’s face. Spits and Sputters and feels to have less power than stock. Is it a boost leak, vacuum leak, bad blower, bad fuel pump, bad tune, I just don’t know. I’m placing a call to ProCharger tomorrow and will get it back to my mechanic as soon as time permits, but would love some advice as to where to start to track down this issue! Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2016 SRT
458 Posts
Where are you located? Another set of eyes and ears on the build wouldn’t hurt.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,561 Posts
First off, I’m new to the forum and have a 17 Charger 392 Daytona. I had asked this question over at hellcat.org and a member suggested posting the same question here.

I’m hoping to get to the bottom of some issues I’m having with a recently installed ProCharger. I purchased the kit that comes with a fuel pump, 52 lb injectors, P1X head unit, intercooler, and a diable sport tuner. I’m currently running a tune provided by ProCharger. All was installed by my Dodge mechanic along with a set of colder plugs all gapped to ProCharger’s specs.

Here’s my issues. The car is tame as can be under normal driving but at WOT the car falls on it’s face. Spits and Sputters and feels to have less power than stock. Is it a boost leak, vacuum leak, bad blower, bad fuel pump, bad tune, I just don’t know. I’m placing a call to ProCharger tomorrow and will get it back to my mechanic as soon as time permits, but would love some advice as to where to start to track down this issue! Thanks in advance.
I don't have a procharger but I had a similar problem with my Maggie from Arrington. Car would run great under normal driving but as soon as I mashed the throttle and the RPMs hit 4K car would sputter like crazy...kind of like traction control would kick in (I always disabled TC).

First thing they asked me was to check the map sensor readings via the diablo (both Baro and Map readings) to see if it was interpreting pressure properly.

In the end it turned out it was a bad initial tune. However, if TC is on and I nail it the car will still sputter to prevent wheel spin.

So I would say check your Baro/Map readings with the Diablo and make sure TC is off for starters. Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts