Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In another thread, owners of the 2014 Challengers hare having a dickens of a time getting dealers to activate the daytime running lights (DLR).

We need someone who is about to buy a new 2014 Challenger to condition the purchase on the ability of the dealer to activate the DRL before the purchase. Then share the information with how the dealer did this with our members

·
Registered
15,039 Posts
Yeah that would be the way to do it. I did tell him that I wanted to add option LMK when I was ordering but he said there was no place to add it, option was for fleet orders only. Took a chance and they got them working first time trying. Next time will be different, or maybe Dodge will let owners enable them thru Uconnect like the Dart on the 15's.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Subscribed

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
DRLs on my 13 Dart are uConnect settable. You'd think such a safety feature would not be so loked down.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
...and on my 2013 Jeep Wrangler, they can be activated with an aftermarket AEV Pro-Cal Module electronic "tuner".

On new Grand Cherokees, Durangos and 300s with built-in LEDs, everyone gets DRLs.

·
Registered
601 Posts
If you guys have a couple of weeks I can give it a try. My car should be arriving the 27th or 31st. It's already on rail to florida so I'm still scratching my head about how it takes 2 weeks to travel 2000 miles by train but when it does get here I'm willing to give it a shot and see what they can or can't do.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
If you guys have a couple of weeks I can give it a try. My car should be arriving the 27th or 31st. It's already on rail to florida so I'm still scratching my head about how it takes 2 weeks to travel 2000 miles by train but when it does get here I'm willing to give it a shot and see what they can or can't do.
Is your car factory ordered? If so, since you are already sort of "committed" (although no one really is until you sign on the dotted line), you may want to give your dealer the heads up that you want them to activate the DRLs before delivery. This should make them a little more willing...

Oh, and tell them your significant other wants DRLs for added SAFETY. Everyone becomes more willing to comply when we bring up the "S" word :D

·
Registered
601 Posts
Yes. Factory order but I didn't have to pay a dime or sign anything yet my name is still on all the info. Not on the hook for the car plus the upgrades should be out this weekend and hoping to use that to get a better deal

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks whiterabbit

whiterabbit, that would be great if you could do that. There are a lot of folks trying to get these activated for the 2014 MY.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts