Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi SRT owners. I came across a brand new leftover 2012 SRT that stickers for 50K at a dealership near where I live. What do you think is a fair offer for this Challenger?

I love my RT and I know I would really love an SRT, but I'm not gonna spend more than I have to. I have been looking around for a deal, and this may or may not be it.

What do you think?

·
Registered
559 Posts
just remember you cant go down from your initial offer. start low and go from there. if you are trading in the r/t remember to deal wholesale to wholesale or retail to retail. lots of dealer like to give you wholesale and charge retail....doesn't work that way. you will find how bad they want to sell it. they might have to move it for dodge to give them a 2013?

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
$39k. Be sure they know you know(even if you don't) of others priced that low out of state and that you are not afraid to go get one or have one shipped in.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice guys. The sales chick emailed me and said the manager wants that car off the lot, but who really knows? They have had it for a long time and maybe they just don't want to deal, IDK? I think I'm gonna offer 35K and my RT. I owe 24K or less (I have to check), on my RT and it only has 3500 miles on it. I think that's fair. If they say no, oh well.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
start out too low and they will just blow you off...$35k is way to low

I think $40,000 is where id start....id be willing to pay $41k max for it

since its listed still at $50,000 its no surprise its still there...and odds are they wont be willing to deal much...ive run into this before myself.....there's a reason its still there...they think they have gold

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
start out too low and they will just blow you off...$35k is way to low

I think $40,000 is where id start....id be willing to pay $41k max for it

since its listed still at $50,000 its no surprise its still there...and odds are they wont be willing to deal much...ive run into this before myself.....there's a reason its still there...they think they have gold

I bet your right, it should have sold by now. Maybe the manger takes it to the track on Sundays, ha ha! However, it's been sitting in the hotter than hell FL sun for over 2 years :flame:. I wouldn't pay that much, but that's me. I would rather just buy a brand new 2014 with all the applicable discounts. There are lots of SRTs in FL, if I don't get that one, I'll just wait for another one to come along. Actually, the more I think about it sitting outside, the more I want to pass on it. I do appreciate the assistance, though.

I guess I'm catching the mod bug, but would rather buy an SRT then put $$ into my RT.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Thanks for the advice guys. The sales chick emailed me and said the manager wants that car off the lot, but who really knows? They have had it for a long time and maybe they just don't want to deal, IDK? I think I'm gonna offer 35K and my RT. I owe 24K or less (I have to check), on my RT and it only has 3500 miles on it. I think that's fair. If they say no, oh well.
Check with your lender to obtain your loan pay off and the value of your trade. Hopefully you're not upside or value is close to pay off. If financed, the payment numbers may be shocking... At $50K for the SRT, that one appears to be well optioned. $40Kish appears to be a good starting point...Good luck.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I would try to deal for the srt. If you havent driven one yet, youll see why when you do. It takes a heavily modded rt to even compare to the srt in my opinion and ive had both. The srt is just a different kind of car. The low end torque, suspension and seats are badass. Not to mention the brakes are like parachutes! 140-60 with no fade, only dust on the wheels afterwards. And im talking about time after time after time. This srt is undoubtedly the best car ive ever had the privelledge of owning. I thought my modded 09 rt was nice-until I bought an srt. Atleast test drive it, and if pai t is yohr concern, or mileage or whatever, use those as bargaining chips for an awesome ride!!

·
Premium Member
9,208 Posts
Tell us about the SRT color and options so we know what you're speaking of. Is it missing an option that most would like and that's why it's sitting? They always want all the money on their car and don't want to give you anything for yours. In this situation they are boxed in a corner because they are the same car not like a Camaro vs a Challenger etc. so if theirs is made out of gold so is yours.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tell us about the SRT color and options so we know what you're speaking of. Is it missing an option that most would like and that's why it's sitting? They always want all the money on their car and don't want to give you anything for yours. In this situation they are boxed in a corner because they are the same car not like a Camaro vs a Challenger etc. so if theirs is made out of gold so is yours.

http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=2C3CDYCJ5CH118893

Here it is, what do you think?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry about the link not working. Anyway, I went to the dealer today to try and score a deal. Here is what they were willing to do: Give me 25K for my '13 RT, although I owe 22,700. The '12 SRT actually stickered for 52, 500.00, but they would have come down to 41K. I decided to pass because I wasn't ready to take such a hit on my RT.

The funny thing was they had a DY '12 SRT in stock as well. I think they are just not willing to deal like other dealerships are. They said most of their customers had bad credit and they make most of their money on financing. My credit score is over 800 and they didn't seem to care about that. I guess I'll just put some more cash aside and try this next year.

They gave me all the dealership BS about that '12 being just as new as a '14 model...whatever.

Thanks for your thoughts.

·
Premium Member
2019 Hellcat Redeye in white knuckle with silver stripes
1,115 Posts
The link worked for me. That is if the sticker I saw for a Tungsten with a $49,750 price was the car.
Anyway I would have passed on that deal too.
You should be able to find a better deal on a 12 or 13. Wait till the snow is flying and search the midwest online inventory.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The link worked for me. That is if the sticker I saw for a Tungsten with a $49,750 price was the car.
Anyway I would have passed on that deal too.
You should be able to find a better deal on a 12 or 13. Wait till the snow is flying and search the midwest online inventory.
That's the one. It had a side sticker marking it up to 53,500. I think they are a shady dealer and I will never buy from them. I felt like I was in a third world country at that place. I felt out of place. My home dealer is way better and they gave me a great deal on my RT, but they have no leftover cars on the lot. They even commented that I got a rare deal on my RT and they couldn't sell that low. Such BS...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2019 Hellcat Redeye in white knuckle with silver stripes
1,115 Posts
That's the one. It had a side sticker marking it up to 53,500. I think they are a shady dealer and I will never buy from them.Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Yep, good call. Any dealer that thinks his cars are so special they mark them over MSRP is shady :deal: :up_to_something: :SM130:

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Interesting to note, another reason dealers do "adjusted market values" is so they can help people with financing who end up upside down after they trade a relatively new car for a brand new one. That's what my local dealer told me anyway. I didn't buy from them ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts