Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just purchased a 2020 challenger widebody scat pack and I’m not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to stuff like this. I need a exhaust system that makes it sound super loud but also a way to like close the valves or something so when I start it in the morning my neighbors don’t get pissed. Is there one exhaust that has those features or would it be multiple parts? If someone could give me some suggestions on ideas that would be great. Also trying to add some HP So what would add the most without spending a ton? Heard about dyno tune but not sure how much it is or what all is unlocks. Thanks

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
874 Posts
One of my buddies has Varex Mufflers on his 2018 SRT 392. With a push of a button on a key fob he goes from church-quiet to nearly-open. https://xforceusa.com/varex-mufflers/

Their website doesn't show a product for the 392, so I'll have to ask him which muffler he bought.

Reactions: Nicksmth742

·
Registered
2018 R/T 6M
206 Posts
I'm not as familiar with the Scat Packs but don't you have an active exhaust with the stock setup?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is what you want; pretty mellow at idle and explosive when under WOT. Where are you located?
how much quieter will it make it? I need it almost as quiet as my stock v6 Honda Accord but Idk if that’s possible I heard something about baffles or something I just don’t have much knowledge about them but I’d rather get full exhaust system where I get all in one . And I’m currently in Birmingham alabama.

Zoomers!

Loud when it starts up, but once warmed up quiets down until you stomp on it. Currently on sale, you will save almost $600.

- Alexis
My issue is the start up tho. I need to be able to get off the street my house is on which is less than a quarter mile and then be able to switch it to where it’s louder than it is right now stock. I just don’t wanna have to trade it for something quieter because this is what I’ve always wanted.

I'm not as familiar with the Scat Packs but don't you have an active exhaust with the stock setup?
Yes I believe it says active on the dealer price sticker with all the stuff it has. Think it’s a dual active exhaust

One of my buddies has Varex Mufflers on his 2018 SRT 392. With a push of a button on a key fob he goes from church-quiet to nearly-open. https://xforceusa.com/varex-mufflers/

Their website doesn't show a product for the 392, so I'll have to ask him which muffler he bought.
Yea that would be awesome if u could let me know about that. That sounds exactly what I’m looking for. Yea the link didn’t pull anything specific up but it sounds very promising. Any idea what he paid for it? Thanks for taking ur time to help me out. I just don’t wanna take it to a muffler place and get screwed in the ass by not knowing what I need to about pricing, good brands etc

·
Registered
2018 R/T 6M
206 Posts
When you first start your car, it's always going to be a little bit louder. Is the volume ok once the engine is warmed up? If you have Sport mode, it will open the exhausts sooner to make it louder.

I have an regular R/T with a 6M transmission. If I keep my RPMs relatively low between shifting gears, its much quieter in my neighbor. If I'm changing gears at higher RPMs, the exhaust is opening more and it's louder. Trying driving around with Sport mode and see if you notice it being louder.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger R/T Plus Shaker
671 Posts
I don't think you will be able to get rid of the initial blast when it starts, no matter what you do. The active exhaust defaults to full open when the engine is cut off. When you start, it is full open, then it goes to the quiet mode unless it is in Sport mode. Then it stays open. Don't get rid of your Challenger just because of neighbors who don't like the sound, just suggest ear plugs to them,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When you first start your car, it's always going to be a little bit louder. Is the volume ok once the engine is warmed up? If you have Sport mode, it will open the exhausts sooner to make it louder.

I have an regular R/T with a 6M transmission. If I keep my RPMs relatively low between shifting gears, its much quieter in my neighbor. If I'm changing gears at higher RPMs, the exhaust is opening more and it's louder. Trying driving around with Sport mode and see if you notice it being louder.
What all would I need to cam it bc I want too just have no idea what all u need for that ? I might just buy some baffles or whatever they are called for quieting it since they are cheap and just make it louder instead and hope they work even a little to quiet it Down. I want it louder and faster it’s just other people that want me to make it quiet when I leave the neighborhood. So what all would I need to cam it and what else could I do to make it louder and faster along with the cam?

·
Registered
266 Posts
What ever happened to the Mopar performance exhaust systems? Those were the best sounding of all the exhausts on the market 10 years ago.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Yea that would be awesome if u could let me know about that. That sounds exactly what I’m looking for. Yea the link didn’t pull anything specific up but it sounds very promising. Any idea what he paid for it? Thanks for taking ur time to help me out. I just don’t wanna take it to a muffler place and get screwed in the ass by not knowing what I need to about pricing, good brands etc
I'll reach out to him. Hopefully I'll see him Saturday at a Cruise-In.

·
Registered
2021 Redeye
358 Posts
Need to find a good exhaust to make my 2020 scat pack louder but also quiet for neighbor
Not possible, it's either one (loud) or the other (quiet).

·
Registered
874 Posts

My buddy said that he considered the XForce Varex VMK52-300 (15") and the XForce Varex VMK57-300 (13") and went with the VMK57 version. HOWEVER ... the `13" version doesn't seem to be available at Summit or on the XForce website. So, you'll probably need to look at the VMK52-300.

Summit and Amazon both have them at about $242 each. XForce Varex 15" VMK52-300

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
how much quieter will it make it? I need it almost as quiet as my stock v6 Honda Accord but Idk if that’s possible I heard something about baffles or something I just don’t have much knowledge about them but I’d rather get full exhaust system where I get all in one . And I’m currently in Birmingham alabama.
Nick, you are asking two different things and thinking a performance car can behave as it was not intended. There really is no such thing as a SP to be "as quiet as a V6 Honda" unless you do some serious ($$$) exhaust work-- which will restrict performance.

I think you are asking too much; you need to resolve a compromise or decide to go in performance or quiet direction.

You are asking a hooker to behave as a debutant.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,731 Posts

A Guy :D

Reactions: Tape

·
Premium Member
2008 Challenger SRT8 #1101. 2005 Dodge Magnum RT AWD
562 Posts
Well, you can have the hooker in the debutante. Control it your way. Opened up and loud when you want to cruise and put them back shut when can we go back to your house and neighborhood.

2 words...

NO WEEDS.

Electronic cutouts.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I WANT weeds - what's next?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts