Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 Challenger R/T with the stock 18" wheels and will need new tires soon. Just wondering if the tech will need to remove the center caps when installing the tires and balancing.

Reason is I have Billet Tech caps that install with screws and I would rather remove/install them myself than have someone strip or loose the screws and loose a cap on the way home!

Thanks

·
Registered
330 Posts
Umm, yes they do, you want them balanced correct? Then they have to come off to mount the rim on the balancer. If you are worried about the caps, I would take them off, then install later. Most tires are done by general service techs without a lot of experience. Most are responsible enough to be careful and not scratch them, but there is always that one kid that just don't care... or doesn't know any better.

·
Registered
530 Posts
If you are worried about the caps, I would take them off, then install later.
^^this^^

go with your gut. the fact that you asked the question means you know the answer.

if there is one thing i have learned over the years it is to never second guess my instincts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.