Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I'm looking for a company that deals with shipping vehicles to Europe (Ireland). I was wondering if there are people here have an experience cars overseas? Can you please tell me what were the ups and downs of your experience and what company did you use? I'm choosing between these options, what do you think is the best (that would be a good price/qulity combination) company for shipping cars overseas?
http://bidux.com/transport/oceantransport/
International Vehicle Shipping and Transport - ShipMyVehicle.com
Shipping Vehicle - Shipping Car And Motorcycle Overseas: Great Experience! - uShip
International Car Shipping | Roll-on Roll-off & Container Auto Transport
https://www.shipoverseas.com/us/ship-car/europe.html

Thanks guys if anyone can help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for your answers! Yes I need to have the car shipped from California to Ireland.. JinxJay, did you move your car from USA to UK? How much did you pay?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thanks guys for your answers! Yes I need to have the car shipped from California to Ireland.. JinxJay, did you move your car from USA to UK? How much did you pay?
my car is coming the shortest distance, New York to Fielxstowe. its cost me £1600 GBP to have it collected, taken to the port, all paperwork done, cleared customs, loaded and unloaded at port, and paperwork at my end, i have to collect it and pay vat and import duty, as yours is a personel import you wont have to pay taxes.

·
Registered
610 Posts
make sure goes in closed container.. you do not want rust!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've heard uship is hit or miss. They might be one of those companies that parcels out the work to other shippers, but I'm not sure. You have to be selective when it comes to international options since there are taxes, laws, and vehicle requirements that may come into play. Not all companies are aware of all the ins and outs of this and it can make it a hassle, even if it just means unanticipated costs. Like any other type of service, it's best to explore your options (especially in terms of price) before deciding to go with a company. I've personally used A-1 Auto Transporters and I like them, but it was within the US. They deliver vehicles all over the world so they might be worth a try, if only to get an idea of the cost.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Apologies for digging up this old thread, but if you still need help with this just let me know.

I have a very reputable contact that I have used for a number of years, for the moving of both cars and parts across the Atlantic to the UK.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts