Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I Live in Australia and have just brought in my 2010 challenger R/T, Im after a full exhaust system (headers all the way back), I have youtubed for hours and hours sounds, Tho every video sounds different and not consistent with the same exhaust, so far my favourite is the Borla ATAK if you guys being over there having experience with all different exhausts could give me some ideas and lead me in the right direction it would be great,
I lived in the US for a year and heard a few but never stopped and asked someone what mods they have that is my deep regret, Im after one with a nice rumble and a full exhaust kit that comes with everything including a cat,
hopefully this all goes well cause if something goes wrong down here no one is going to have a clue how to fix these cars ahah.

Thanks
Andrew

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
To be honest it is all preference. I havr magnaflow and love it. Alot of people like zoomers on hemis. Borla sounds good. The only thing ( i could be wrong ) i dont think the tips are adjustable and i wantes mune flush with the rear valance.. i could be wrong though.. any of the quality systems fit good it just comes down to sound and then if u do longtubes that changes again. If it was me i would go either kooks or american racing headers. Use there cat back and pick your exhaust. What headers do u want.. shorties longtubes???
Chris

sent from mobile device

·
Registered
352 Posts
I love my Solo Performance exhaust. Perfect sound for the Challengers IMO. They also make high flow cats as well.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies fellas Hmm yeh most the ones you guys mentioned sound great but their something about the atak that makes me want it I dont know what but Im leading towards it, also the price geeez! the salesmen for those things must sell them to ya with balaclavas on haha.
hdwrenchtx that sounds awesome mate, with the kooks headers and atak exhaust do you have cats? if so did they fit straight on or did they had to be modified?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Thanks for the replies fellas Hmm yeh most the ones you guys mentioned sound great but their something about the atak that makes me want it I dont know what but Im leading towards it, also the price geeez! the salesmen for those things must sell them to ya with balaclavas on haha.
hdwrenchtx that sounds awesome mate, with the kooks headers and atak exhaust do you have cats? if so did they fit straight on or did they had to be modified?
Thanks
I was like you with the borla atak. Loved what I heard on the sound lips. Then I heard one in person and changed my mind. It didn't sound nearly as aggressive. I never asked the guy to get on it, iI just heard him doing normal driving.

The only way to really solve this is to get me a plane ticket to Australia. I can sit down and tell you everything I heard. Lol. I spent a few weeks there in caines and Melbourne. Loved it.

But seriously back to the subject. I would ask around further about the borla atak. I liked the sound clips because it sounded like the old school muscle cars. But when I heard it in person it sounded way less aggressive than I expected.

Maybe I got a guys with a bad install? Perhaps it was an auto and mds was in 4 cylinder mode? I don't know, but get some more opinions other than mine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^ haha I love Cairn's geez the humidity woulda killed you lol melbournes nice little to poshy they like to dress fancy but alot of good places to eat ahah, im from Sydney its nice but Perth is where you wana go!
Yeh I keep looking at clips its driving me nuts

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
I know it's hard, but try and see if you can find a few people in Australia to hear different exhausts. There are a few posters from there. Also, if you ever get back to the states I am sure that there are some people on here that would welcome you to listen to their cars.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
The Zoomers sound the most like the older muscle cars IMO. I have heard about everything on these cars and I am a fan of Zoomers. Loud muscle sound, yet no drone. Good luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for your replies guys, I found a bloke down here who gets in borla his price was about $300 more then ebay.com but this works out about the same as hes not charging me for shipping, as for the headers I might go the Kooks with the cats delivered from the US as it will work out cheaper as it will come altogether and I wont have to source cats and get them shipped, anyone know if the cats that come with the Kooks are high flows surely they would be?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^Yeh the price is going to kill more fortunately im a tightarse and squirrel my money away for things like this ahah, also im going to add a Cold air intake,mate of my will weld one up for me tho I keep seeing post with mods that im going to do a cold air induction and full exhuast I keep reading about retuning Ive had all sorts or cars (mostly rice burners) and never once have I retuned a car just for these mods and they all ran fine!

·
Registered
218 Posts
I am a classic flow master guy, but borla seems to get a lot of votes, they do sound good. Probably can't go wrong with them

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 15 of 15 Posts