Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need your help. I have a carshow in 2 weeks. My car will be presented inside a big arena. They require us to unplug the battery while its there for 3 days straight. My question is, i have some LEDS i want to show, how would i set this up?

They will have an electric plug behind my car, as my car should be set close to a wall with a power outlet. i know they sell an accessory adapter to wall outlet. would i just wire all the positive and negative to that accessory adapter? should i worry for the leds or wires to get hott as it displays for 5-7 hours? or even worry about burning the leds? do i need an inline fuse? or what do you guys recommend?

i know i will be there to keep an eye on my car, but their will be moments where ill be busy walking around the show. recording my video or helping the staff on some other stuff. im also thinking of maybe adding some strobes or even some other leds to add just for the show. but im not 100% how i can show off the lights. At the end of the day, i will go back to my car and turn them off, till the next day.

thank you in advance, any ideas or suggestions will help.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
My concern would be the quality of the electricity coming from their plugs. I would use a small "power conditioner" or an "uninterrupted power source". The plug a larger trickle charger and use it to power the accessories on your car.

PS Make sure that they allow you to use a set-up like this. Went to a car show and they wanted everything unplugged so the car could not be started. All the extra lights had to be on a separate circuit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts