• '15 SRT8 B5 blue

Votes: 17 44.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I have owned 2 (new) Challengers, both RTs. They each had the 5.7 but the 2nd one was supercharged with an aftermarket modification. So now, I've been without one for 8 months but have been driving a very nice Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk. "The need for speed" has caught back up with me and I'm ready to pull the trigger on buying another Challenger; albeit used due to obvious savings. I've found 2 Challengers that I like and they are both priced exactly the same. The first one is a 2016 ScatPack, Granite Crystal Metallic, with red suede seat inserts and a shaker hood. Pretty much loaded EXCEPT for a moon roof, and has 750 miles (yes, you read it right).
The second one is a 2015 SRT8, B5 blue, fully loaded WITH a moon roof and has 15k miles. The '16 is like a new car while the '15 is the higher model SRT8 and has a more "in your face, look at me" color. Which one would you choose? One important caveat: the wife prefers the SRT8...
Thanks!

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'm voting for the SRT8 I don't care much for the metallic granite look, but each to their own. I think the moon roof is trivial but again everyone has their own wants. Great mileage on both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
515 Posts
Guessing you like the moonroof?

I was full shaker until I saw B5 blue. I'm not a fan of red seats and i HATE sunroofs but my prejudices are not yours.

I voted SRT.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
My vote illustrates my bias toward B5 blue!

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,352 Posts
1. 2016 ScatPack, Granite Crystal Metallic, with red suede seat inserts and a shaker hood. Pretty much loaded EXCEPT for a moon roof, and has 750 miles.

2. 2015 SRT8, B5 blue, fully loaded WITH a moon roof and has 15k miles. The '16 is like a new car while the '15 is the higher model SRT8 and has a more "in your face, look at me" color... the wife prefers the SRT8.
- the granite crystal is not one of the more popular colors. Used, they don't sell quickly because of this. This drives the price down. And when it comes time for you to sell, this matters.
-the B5 blue, however, is both rare and a very popular color. In the research I did for the months before I bought my SRT, I noted that almost without exception, they FLEW off the lots, and often commanded a higher price.
-the SRT will make your wife happier due to it's adjustable suspension. The Bilsteins on the Scat don't have this and you WILL notice the difference.
-the SRT's wider tires will prevent you from squealing the tires so easily. You decide if this is good or bad.
The SRT has had 2 years (and more miles) to depreciate. The SCAT is too new to have depreciated much. Therefore, the SRT, which has experienced 2 years of depreciation, is the better deal; even though they are the same price right now. Since the SCAT will likely depreciate more in the next year than the 2 year old SRT will, 2 years from now, the SRT will be worth more money. A car depreciates more in it's first year than it does in its second year. I assume you know this.

If you choose to sell the car in a few years, due to how rare and popular it is, the blue one will be easier to sell. This will probably work in your favor financially.

I get it that they have about 14k diff. in miles. That factor should be worth about 500-700 bucks as the value of a car decreases with mileage. However, if you plan to keep the car for a long time, 10 years from now, it won't matter.

-and for what it's worth, I love the red seats.

Hope that helps.
Gary

By the way, what are they asking for the cars? Do you plan to negotiate?

·
Registered
14,269 Posts
I like the SRT myself, it's just a great all around Challenger and B5 Blue with the twin factory black stripes would be a show stopper even if you had to add them. This car is at a Dodge dealer I hope, and need for them to run the history for you and make sure they have inspected the car, took care of any updates and verify that the warranty is in place, no mods would be best. Also if you drive a lot, you get 40,000 more miles powertrain warranty with the 2015.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Go new...

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Scat Pack shaker for sure. Granite is great color too. More badass. Go with the newer car with less miles and abuse (perhaps).

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,782 Posts
I voted the B5 goodness

A Guy

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
I vote 16 Scat Pack Shaker no sunroof but I'm biased as that is exactly what I ordered last year with the M6. I loved the Challenger so much that I traded my DD Focus ST for a Challenger GT AWD this spring. This buying a new Challenger every year has got to stop it's getting too expensive.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,343 Posts
All I can say is if momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Which is why I bought my car and had it parked in the garage, she had zero idea until she pressed the button and saw it in her parking space. She had a momentary meltdown but got over it. Funny how a persons wife tries to be their mother.
Better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone! I appreciate everyone's comments and votes. Went with option 3 - not listed in the original poll - but a great, great car! My wife found a B5 Blue Metallic '16 Scatpack A8 nearby with low mileage, fully optioned, and near mint condition! I love this car!

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Thanks everyone! I appreciate everyone's comments and votes. Went with option 3 - not listed in the original poll - but a great, great car! My wife found a B5 Blue Metallic '16 Scatpack A8 nearby with low mileage, fully optioned, and near mint condition! I love this car!
No pics? I don't believe you. It didn't happen.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Congrats!! She is purtay...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts