Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently let my Sirius traffic subscription expire because they quoted me $399 a year. I thought of something I would pay that much for. How many of us would pay for a feature that showed the location of all POLICE CARS on the nav screen! Think of a video game like Grand Theft Auto or Driver. That would be worth it. I'd bet that police cruisers are GPS equipped and that their location is available. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
I was going to pay to keep that active just to keep the cars on the display from turning orange but that price is crazy. I'm sure the GPS locations are encrypted and not available to anyone but public safety places byt that would be a great feature.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Wow. Not sure what your sales guy was smokin', or maybe it was pesos... but even the Sirius website lists it @ US$47.88/year.

There was an iPhone app that was recently banned because it allowed users to report (specifically) locations of "sobriety checks" (among other things - speed traps, etc.). Just don't think it caught on. Needed lots of people reporting often to be effective & accurate.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Wow. Not sure what your sales guy was smokin', or maybe it was pesos... but even the Sirius website lists it @ US$47.88/year.

There was an iPhone app that was recently banned because it allowed users to report (specifically) locations of "sobriety checks" (among other things - speed traps, etc.). Just don't think it caught on. Needed lots of people reporting often to be effective & accurate.
post a link. i see $16.99 or $12.99 a month on their website Our Most Popular Packages - SiriusXM Radio

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
here's what it says about traffic
Sirius Traffic provides continuously updated information on accidents, traffic flow, construction, and road closures for only $3.99/month, with or without a Sirius Satellite Radio subscription.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
....I live in So California and find the traffic feature absolutely worthless in my area. I get up to the minute updates on traffic incidents from my phone and the Highway Patrol incident information page. Definitely not something I will renew.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts