Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I currently have the WRT wheels which I've been told are 20x9s. My current tires are General G-Max AS-05 245/45ZR 20 103 W.
Now I am definitely needing All Season tires as well.
Also I have heard that with those wheels I can run 275/40/20s on all 4 wheels but some have also said only do 275s in the rear and do 255s in the front because the front is lower so please help I'm not to sure what to go with here i want it to work and not go through getting the wrong tires lol.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Locking hubs Tread

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
You can run 275/40/20's on all four corners. As far as tire types, are you looking for summer tires or all season tires?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'16 A8 Scat Pack
10,905 Posts
What car do you have?

I know that a Scat Pack with the WRT's and 275/40's have no clearance issues.

Not sure about front clearance on a R/T without the Brembo set up. Different front spindles, different clearance.

FWIW, I've been very pleased with the DWS06's on mine.

Best of luck choosing.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What car do you have?

I know that a Scat Pack with the WRT's and 275/40's have no clearance issues.

Not sure about front clearance on a R/T without the Brembo set up. Different front spindles, different clearance.

FWIW, I've been very pleased with the DWS06's on mine.

Best of luck choosing.

View attachment 1014870 View attachment 1014871
I have a 2015 R/T 5.7

·
Super Moderator
15,445 Posts
I have 245/45-20s on the front and 275/40-20s on the rear for that "old school" staggered tire look.

I chose Cooper Zeon RS3-G1 all-season tires for my 2009 SRT. They perform great, have a 500 AAA wear rating and are reasonably priced (purchased them from Discount Tire- one of our Supporting Vendors).

Here are some of the reviews on the Coopers.

(381) New Cooper G1 Tires on My SRT | Dodge Challenger Forum (challengertalk.com)

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, not sure if the 275/40 would have clearance issues or not.

Perfect size tire for the WRT, just not sure about the clearance.

Some folks say no problem, some have had rubbing.

Hopefully someone will chime in wirh their set ups.
This is what I was told by someone:
Dodge throws 275s on them with the same undercarriage hardware. You can go 275/40.

On 9inch width wheels you can go 315 on rears and 275 max on fronts without rubbing, but personally I wouldn't recommend it safely on anything less than a 10.5" wheel with 315's..

·
Registered
170 Posts
Go big running 275/40/R20 front & 315/35/R20 rear on my 2017 RT.

-Dogg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts