Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2013 345 challenger rt+
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in 2017 I bought a 2013 rt+, for what ever reason I never checked the high beams before leaving the dealership. Paid a shop in granbury TX to fix it so it would pass inspection. Go to inspect it this year and what do you know they don't work. I got jipped by the small town shop. I just need a pic of 2013ish challenger rt driver side head light wires. The crystler 300 Chilton doesn't even have the correct wire colors in the book.

This is what I walked in to with no correct schematic.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
6,032 Posts

Is that the same external wiring diagram you have in your Chiltons? Your picture of the wires is a little off angle, so it’s hard to make out secondary wire color, but from what I can see in the pic, the wiring diagram above looks to be applicable.

I don’t have the same headlight setup in my Charger or I would reference it. I used to have a 2011 Challenger that I did lots of wiring work on with the headlights and turn signals, and that wiring diagram above was what I used for reference.

Yours should be the same, I don’t think they changed anything with the wiring until the refresh in 2015.

BTW, I drive through Granbury about 3 or 4 times a month. If you ever see a cop Charger pulled over by the local PD or a highway patrol (and it’s got BCN HLR on the plates) that’s gonna be me. 😁

·
Registered
2013 345 challenger rt+
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah it's the same one, my wires are 2 black/blue stripes, 2 white/green stripes, 1 white/blue stripes and 1 white/purple stripes. For the left side. 🤔

·
Premium Member
6,032 Posts
Yeah it's the same one, my wires are 2 black/blue stripes, 2 white/green stripes, 1 white/blue stripes and 1 white/purple stripes. For the left side. 🤔
The two black/blue wires are the grounds for the low and high beam sockets on that side.

One of the white/green wires should be the hot wire for the high beam on that side. A test light or multi-meter set to 20 on DCVolts can be used to figure out which one of those white/green wires is the high beam hot wire.

In fact, that may be the best way to figure out which wire does what once and for all - grab a test light or multi-meter and just test each wire as you actuate the headlight switch from low to high to off. That's what I'd do anyway... 🤓

·
Registered
2013 345 challenger rt+
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what I intend on doing in the morning if I can't get a cheat sheet from some one. Just hate having to clean up some one elses mess. My fault for not checking though, I guess.

·
Premium Member
6,032 Posts
That's what I intend on doing in the morning if I can't get a cheat sheet from some one. Just hate having to clean up some one elses mess. My fault for not checking though, I guess.
What is it that's not working now, just the high beam on the driver's side? Or is it both headlights and/or the turn signal and parking lamp?

·
Registered
2013 345 challenger rt+
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It appears to be just the high beam and I've swapped the bulb. So it's this mess that has to be the issue, I'm gonna check all 6 just in case, simple fix really just have to get out there and do it lol. 2 grounds black/blue, then should have 2 constants, one repeating signal, and one that will be constant after i turned it on.

·
Premium Member
6,032 Posts

Well, based on that pic you originally posted, my money is on one of those terminal connections which connects a white/blue wire to a brown wire. I'd turn the headlights on high and wiggle both to see if that has any effect on illuminating the high beam on the left side. If nothing changes, I'd take one of those stabby test lights and stab the wires on each side of those terminal connections to see if I could identify where the circuit is broken.

It can't hide forever, it's there somewhere...hell, it might even help to cuss it real good before starting. You know, just to let it know who's in charge. 💪

·
Registered
2013 345 challenger rt+
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah did the wiggle test as soon as I found it. I'll take the stab test to it in the morning and post the corrected wiring on here. Just in case some one else has this same issue one day.

·
Premium Member
6,032 Posts
Yeah did the wiggle test as soon as I found it. I'll take the stab test to it in the morning and post the corrected wiring on here. Just in case some one else has this same issue one day.
Once you're done with all that, can you light a fire under someone's butt down there to build a loop around that town for us out-of-towners that have to pass through during high-traffic times of the day??

I swear, I can spend an hour backed up from light to light just trying to get from the north side of town to the south side of town on a busy weekday afternoon...well not so much now, but I'm sure that will return all too soon.

And if a loop around town isn't an option, what about adding more lanes to 377 through there? That's a nice town and all, but I just don't like spending more than 15 minutes there if I don't need to ;)

·
Registered
2013 345 challenger rt+
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Know that filling, moved back to the west side of ft worth ones my lease was up out there. Won't go back unless I really have too lol

·
Registered
2013 345 challenger rt+
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well easy fix, black/blue to green, whit/blue to black. Bad ground.

·
Premium Member
6,032 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts