Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey you guy I have a 2020 dodge challenger 1320 and just had it aligned the other day after hitting a pot hole on the highway at 70mph and I was told the negative camber in the rear end was due to the cambers being an inch short. But I know the 1320 suspension is more like the demon suspension and wonder if they aligned it correctly Here is a picture of my alignment is that ok or do i need more negative camber?
Font Rectangle Machine Parallel Pattern

·
Registered
2021 Daytona 392
50 Posts
Uhhhh...you don't have enough negative camber
Spec is -1.2 to -2.3
You only have -0.6....that's why it's in the red. So you actually need MORE (negative) camber

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Is that a big problem or should I just leave it alone
It is closer to what is better! You don’t need negative camber back there. It will perform better (traction) more flat. Your toe settings look good, run with it.

If it was more negative camber, some buy AAD equipment to get the camber more near zero, like your 1320 IS setup, IT IS more like if not identical to the Demon and desired drag settings. FYI I road course my RE and have worked a bunch on my settings with the full set of AAD adjustable equipment. Track, strip, street, my settings are very close to your rear settings (actually more near zero camber).

Reactions: theblaisez24

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is closer to what is better! You don’t need negative camber back there. It will perform better (traction) more flat. Your toe settings look good, run with it.

If it was more negative camber, some buy AAD equipment to get the camber more near zero, like your 1320 IS setup, IT IS more like if not identical to the Demon and desired drag settings. FYI I road course my RE and have worked a bunch on my settings with the full set of AAD adjustable equipment. Track, strip, street, my settings are very close to your rear settings (actually more near zero camber).
thank you i love the 1320 suspension and it hooks really good I didn’t know if that was something to be concerned with or not even bother with

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
4,294 Posts
Is that a big problem or should I just leave it alone
The car should be aligned with the alignment settings being within factory spec. The current alignment is not right.

While some look at the car and note the camber and assume this is not right it is what position/orientation the wheels/tires take when the car is underway that is important.

Too little negative camber can have an effect in tire life, traction, cornering grip. There's a reason the factory calls for a specific amount of negative camber and it is not just to help keep indy alignment shops in business...

·
Registered
2009 B5 SRT8 M6
239 Posts
IMO, for a drag car like the 1320, you want as close to 0 as possible. That is what I have planned for when my wheels/tires come in

Reactions: DGatzby

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Camber don’t effect tire life at all, it is in the toe setting that scrubs tire edges Don’t believe? Ask for pictures, specs and records on Challengers. Personally my Redeye is going on it’s 4th (fourth) season with my rear tires. Same for my track set! They are going to see a third season. Once I did understand this and set the front up correct, those edges stopped wearing out also. Before, I wore a Pirelli out in one day! I have seen brand new Cup 2’s blow off their outside edges in less than 100 miles straight down an interstate. Now with the near zero toe settings even with severe negative front camber, and near ZERO camber in the rear all my tires are very happy.

Ask any serious drag racer about their rear settings if they have aftermarket capabilities. Plus, someone needs to check if the 1340 and Demon may have different rear alignment specs. Because the OP’s car had the same stock camber on both rear sides and still does, unless someone added something, they cannot adjust rear camber on a stock vehicle. That right camber reads different, but that is just within measurement differences it did not change.

·
Registered
2021 Daytona 392
50 Posts
This is probably true, but he was freaking out wondering if it was correct or not because of the red on the alignment and I was just explaining what the factory called for and why it's red

That said....that might not be exact 1320 specs...it just says a 2019 Challenger except SRT at the top...so who knows

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
This is probably true, but he was freaking out wondering if it was correct or not because of the red on the alignment and I was just explaining what the factory called for and why it's red

That said....that might not be exact 1320 specs...it just says a 2019 Challenger except SRT at the top...so who knows
Right. Let me ask this question somewhere else and see if I can dig up some info.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
27,316 Posts
I have never seen any specific 1320 alignment specs. The SRT specs would likely be correct

A Guy

Reactions: snobrdrdan

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,429 Posts
I have never seen any specific 1320 alignment specs. The SRT specs would likely be correct

A Guy
I would think a safer bet would be the Demon specs are better suited to the 1320 as only the Demon and the 1320 have the Drag Mode suspension specifically for drag racing.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
@snobrdrdan; I am told you likely have a different rear knuckle configuration specifically designed to eliminate some negative camber.

Enjoy, I paid $1000’s for aftermarket equipment to get that rear end aligned close (mine is more flat and I road track it) to your specs. It works great for everything and the tires love it.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
27,316 Posts
I would think a safer bet would be the Demon specs are better suited to the 1320 as only the Demon and the 1320 have the Drag Mode suspension specifically for drag racing.
Are there known Demon specs? From the factory, or?

SRT Specs
Font Rectangle Parallel Number Screenshot

A Guy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you everyone for your comments and knowledge im brand new to owning a car like the 1320 and i love it and its hard to find people that are honest and do good work that i cannot ive had some bad luck with my first challenger I bought on my birthday and where I bought the car I got a 2021 smoke show scat pack that I had nothing but problems out of because the day I bought it had 5 miles on it that I put on it and the guy that sold me the car rode it hard for about 3 miles when he went to gas my car up because it had 8 miles on it when I took possession and I didn’t put it all together until I was on my way home that was about an hour away and it was raining The coolant light popped on running at 3/4 high and then the transmission temp light turned on and sent the car into limp mode Anyway since the day I bought it I had nothing but problems out of it and about gave up had it looked at by the maintenance department at the same dealership and was told everything was OK but as soon as the car got hot the transmission shifted like crap and did all kinds of things a brand new car does not do and was told everything was OK Anyway I got lucky and found a 2020 pitch black 1320 with 1600 miles on it from there sister dealership so I traded the car back to them and got this one I love the car and I’m just trying to soak up as much knowledge as I can about my car because everything I can do myself I feel a lot better then letting somebody else do it. so again thank you everyone for your helpful knowledge

·
Registered
2021 Daytona 392
50 Posts
I agree with what A Guy said....you should probably use/go by SRT specs, and that said....your alignment is spot on/good

Leave it & drive (y)

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T 5.7L A8 Pitch Black aka "Black Beauty"
61 Posts
Reactions: Yonko

·
Registered
766 Posts
Specialty Products Company | SPC Alignment | The Automotive Alignment Leaders

The SPC press in rear bushings can correct 1.5 degrees both ways, meaning to the positive or the negative correction, depending on the setting you choose to press them into the upper control arms.
I just ordered wheels from Cragar. I think I had better install these SPC bushings, before installing the new wheels. Thing is, I dig the suspension feel of -2.3 camber. Cornering is ridiculous! -1.7 should be perfect.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts