Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I noticed that my neighbor got another mustang. He was the guy asking me to go to Orlando Speedway to drag race last year when I bought my RT. He had what I thought was an '11 mustang, but his new one looks different, so maybe he had a '10? I never had the time to go, but now I will have to find the time. I really want to know what my RT can do compared to a '14 mustang.

Anyway, on my way home I noticed he went to the track and left the #'s on his window for all of us to see. He ran a 12.4 today, at least that's what was written on his window.

I don't really care if the stang is faster, I love my big fat comfortable RT the way it is!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just an update: It's Tuesday and the 12.4 is still on his window?

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
tell him I have 12.2 on my window

Reactions: stevec3201

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
You sure the local track doesnt bracket race and thats his bracket?? They always put it on with white shoe polish where we raced and there were times I just didnt have the spare time to scrape it off....I didnt really care it was on there....so it may not be as auspicious as you guys think...

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You sure the local track doesnt bracket race and thats his bracket?? They always put it on with white shoe polish where we raced and there were times I just didnt have the spare time to scrape it off....I didnt really care it was on there....so it may not be as auspicious as you guys think...
You could be right, but I don't think he bracket races. He asked me to go to the track last year and didn't give an impression that he goes all the time. There was a special day for 1/4 miles racing and he said it was a cheap way to test your car in the 1/4. If I find out something different, I'll let you all know.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Not all Mustang owners are a jackass. I used to own a mid 78 Mustang II that ran mid 12s NA and mid 11s on a 100 shot. It doesn't matter what a person drives as long as they are a good sport win or lose. I ran across more Chevy (especially Camaros) guys that gave me crap about my car calling it a Pinto and whatnot. Not even close. With 3 kids I figured it was time to get something else so I bought the Challenger. Sure it was not near as fast as the Mustang but the kids can fit in it comfortably and it looked awesome. But with the winters we have been getting it was serving no purpose other than sitting in the garage so I traded it for a Jeep SRT8. It doesn't look as good as the Challenger but it works well in the winter and surprises a few Camaros and Mustangs from some stoplight to stoplight action. The way I see it is its just for fun and I don't care if I win or lose but it serves the purpose that I want. There will always be someone that is faster.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
the 10-11-12's look alike, 13-14 look alike... I sold my 2011 to buy my Challenger R/T.. nice car but I like my R/T much better. a lot of 7th grade mentality on the Mustang Forums, so yes a lot of jackasses. not all of course.

·
Registered
336 Posts
...a lot of 7th grade mentality on the Mustang Forums, so yes a lot of jackasses. not all of course.
And if the Mustang guys looked at THIS thread about 'rustangs' and how all the Mustang owners are jackasses, doncha think they'd be saying the same 7th grade thing about the Challenger forums?

The Camaro forums are the ones that kill me. Those guys hate EVERYTHING if it doesn't have a giant bowtie on it.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
And if the Mustang guys looked at THIS thread about 'rustangs' and how all the Mustang owners are jackasses, doncha think they'd be saying the same 7th grade thing about the Challenger forums?

The Camaro forums are the ones that kill me. Those guys hate EVERYTHING if it doesn't have a giant bowtie on it.
yes, they probably would. :thumbsup: but then again I clearly didn't say "all" Mustang owners were jackasses and why are they over here reading about Challengers if they are such big Mustang fans? more 7th grade mentality for sure, along with poor reading comprehension.. I haven't been back to the Mustang forum since I bought my Challenger and could care less what they have to say, I really didn't then but as a Mustang owner I was sort of ashamed to be part of that social group as a whole because of the mentality.

seems to be more grown ups over here,

·
Registered
157 Posts
yes, they probably would. :thumbsup: but then again I clearly didn't say "all" Mustang owners were jackasses and why are they over here reading about Challengers if they are such big Mustang fans? more 7th grade mentality for sure, along with poor reading comprehension.. I haven't been back to the Mustang forum since I bought my Challenger and could care less what they have to say, I really didn't then but as a Mustang owner I was sort of ashamed to be part of that social group as a whole because of the mentality.

seems to be more grown ups over here,
Nope, some of us enjoy reading and learning about other performance cars.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
485 Posts
I have owned two Mustangs, an 06 with 800whp, and a stock 2012 5.0. Both obviously faster than my R/T, and oddly enough, not as much fun to drive or own. Go figure.

Mustangs are great, and I don't begrudge the car or the people that buy them, but I would not trade my R/T for another Mustang.

I am not the least bit bothered by the fact that a 5.0 is faster. So when someone says their car is faster than my R/T, my response " So what".

·
Registered
368 Posts
Drag raced and road raced Mustangs for 20 years. Now that I'm wiser (aka older), the 2010 SRT/Auto with 500+rwhp is bliss.

Reactions: Elwood617

·
Registered
133 Posts
I find the same, but it's not so much the fact that it's a Mustang owner, it's just that there are so MANY mustang owners, and many of them are less-educated and have less money, and more [email protected] ideas... same goes for my other cars. In the Stealth/3000gt forums, most folks are pretty smart and no real idiots, now go to the eclipse forums... :fight:

Reactions: Elwood617

·
Registered
610 Posts
mmm when i take my rt to the track i dont even wash the white marks until i got some time off last time they stayed for 3 weeks lol .. and i did 13.88

·
Supporting Vendors
1,288 Posts
I'm pretty happy with my 2007 Mustang GT, but yeah I'd love to have an SRT8 someday. They are fantastic looking!

Don't hate a car because you've had a few run-in's with silly owners. I have friends with Camaros, Challengers, Mustangs etc...everyone chooses their car for a reason

Nick C.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts