Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rumours you hear are absolutely true or even worse. They are impossible to get a hold of, and there is literally no customer service. Nobody knows what is going on, and 15 year old employees do not exist. They make me so mad I'd like to drive my car into the building. NEVER EVER BUY THERE, its not worth it.

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
I know a guy that had a car built by them in 2010. It was an "11. They didnt deliver the car until last summer. Took $70,000 upfront but it cost just under $ 100,000.00. Yeah he's stupid. And I tried to tell him. But some people don't listen. The fit and finish on this car is a joke. He had to get a lawyer and sue him to get the car. It's funny because I havent seen his car all summer I wonder if he blew the motor because of the tune. He said it didn't seem right

·
Registered
86 Posts
I've read multiple horror stories about this company. Makes me wonder how they stay open. Local work? Projects direct from manufacturers?
They didn't, the company that used to own Saleen went backrupt so Steve bought his company back.

It was quite a hodge podge mess there for awhile, I hope things are turning around now that somebody that cares about the name is running the show again.

Saleen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I just bought one of their rear spoilers in July and found them really easy to deal with. They didn't charge my credit card until it was ready to ship, and it arrived when they said it would.

I have heard that people who own SMS cars and looking for warranty support, not so good.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SMS support

I bought the last 2010 SMS 570 black label made....#500. It is now Wednesday. I have left several messages with Shaun Saleen, Molly Saleen and Henry Velaskas? I have called there ..... Maybe 25 times in the past 5 business days. I have yet to talk to anybody other than a secretary. I have been polite, I have no idea why they would operate a business in this fashion.

It is a really cool car, it always turns heads everywhere i go, but between me and the rest of you Mopars, the fit and finish is crap. The rear facia / bumper will not fasten to the car, it was manufactured with the clips in the wrong spot, so they push it together and hope that it will hold. The boost gauge pod on the dash looks like my 6 year old son made it at Kindergarten at Pottery class, God bless him and I love him, but he is only 6 and has a limited skill set. the hood fiberglass is cracking out around the windshield washer jets, an obvious manufacturing whoops, and the hood will need repair and repainting.

Then compounded by the sheer lack of professional courtesy they show in dealing with clients, or in this case refusing to talk to clients, makes me pissded. I have progressed from exuberance, to meek enthusiasm, to apathy, to disappointment and now to a near hatred of SMS. People that blow themselves up in post offices probably have a similar emotional development to the one I am going through.

So, I guess I'll keep you posted to the deficiency of service and support I get, at lest I am able to vent of the stress they give me, and that's something I guess? :werd:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Omg well said it took me almost 6 months to get replacement cables for the butterflies. I'm just going to sell the hood now cause I don't like the tension it puts on the peddle.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am still negotiating for repairs. I imported the car to Canada, Dodge voids warranty on exported vehicles..... So Saleen says the warranty is void too! I bought the car through a dealer in Texas, as the 2nd owner, they are claiming the dealer is the 2nd owner and won't warranty a 3rd owner. Basically they will do anything to subvert their responsibilities of looking after subpar work. I'd rather walk than ever by a car from Steve Saleen! I wait for the day this sob goes broke, cause he is running out of customers at light speed. My local Ford dealership, Jubilee Ford, dropped them too. SMS sucks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts