Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Ive used that kit before. Spray then clay. Repeat. So easy and makes that paint smooth as glass. Your car looks so nice.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Did you clay then wax? That paint is gorgeous!

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I bet dirty, your car still looks amazing!

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
1,643 Posts
Did you clay then wax? That paint is gorgeous!
Wash, clay, wax, and then polish if you want to get the spectacular results.

Google how to use a clay bar and you will find all kinds of information out there.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
When I used to detail as a detailer for hire, I would wash, clay, wash again, spray wax, liquid wax, then paste wax. The spray wax is more of a quick detailer to pick up anything you may have missed before applying any other wax, as real wax would bond it to the paint. The paste wax is VERY high quality, expensive, and leaves an INCREDIBLE shine. I've done several cars and they look like mirrors.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
When I used to detail as a detailer for hire, I would wash, clay, wash again, spray wax, liquid wax, then paste wax. The spray wax is more of a quick detailer to pick up anything you may have missed before applying any other wax, as real wax would bond it to the paint. The paste wax is VERY high quality, expensive, and leaves an INCREDIBLE shine. I've done several cars and they look like mirrors.
Am curious about the second wash after the clay portion. Would that help remove contents from being baked into the paint, or another reason. Also, how long would this effect go on before needing another treatment? Just wondering as i have NO knowledge of proper paint mantainence and would like to learn.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
With regular washing it lasts about 90 days. The reason for the second wash is to make sure that the paint is clean. I don't want to rub any dust or anything that settles into the lube, back into the paint. Inevitably you get dust and pollen that will settle on the paint.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
I twice per year clay, quarterly wax, and in between waxing use quick spray detailer with weekly washing. great results using MeGuairers products exclusively.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
IDMT is right on track. His paint maintenance is perfectly timed.

·
Registered
479 Posts
That Toxic Orange looks awesome!

I've had my car for over a year now, and I've never waxed it, let alone clay barred it. I feel so ashamed...:argh:

·
Registered
968 Posts
I had member DantheMan do a full detail on mine, including its first clay bar ever. Turned out literally mirrored.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I had member DantheMan do a full detail on mine, including its first clay bar ever. Turned out literally mirrored.
What does that run you?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts