Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I'm new here and eagerly awaiting my new '11 RT Classic to be finished up and delivered (it just started the assembly process on 1-11-11 with the estimated pick up date being the 3rd week of February).

I modeled it after the one with the promotional pictures ( http://www.dodge.com/en/2011/assets/images/wallpapers/challenger_RT_wallpaper_01.jpg ) with the new theme of black with red stripes. It is a classic with the spare tire delete (free bicycle pump!! whoop whoop!), no sunroof, no touch screen radio, and no super track pack (she'll be putting me through the winter here is Michigan) with the 6 speed manual transmission.

Needless to say, I am excited!

·
Registered
334 Posts
From one Classic owner to another... congratulations on your purchase. The RT Classic is an amazing ride.

2010 Hemi Orange Challenger RT Classic
6 Speed Manual
Super Track Pak
Electronics Conv. Group
Mygig Nav with Sound Group II
White Stripes

Mods: Katzkin Pearl White Leather * Skip Shift Eliminator

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the main differences are the new 3 spoke steering wheel.
No more goat head on emblem on the front.
No more challenger script in the front (only the cursive script "challenger" on the front fender)
No more smiley lower grill (its now a frown)
Different door handles (for the true keyless door open).

If I was doing a standard order, I would have just got a 2010 off of a lot. I've worked for Chrysler for over 5 years, but never was elible for their employee lease vehicle (where they basically own the car, pay insurance and title etc, and you just pay a monthly payment and drive it for 2 years). Only 2011s that have not yet been built are eligible for that plan (along with some cars / colors / options (including all SRTs not being eligible).

I really wanted a green with envy but alas, it was not an option. (I'm still excited!)

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
I think the main differences are the new 3 spoke steering wheel.
No more goat head on emblem on the front.
No more challenger script in the front (only the cursive script "challenger" on the front fender)
No more smiley lower grill (its now a frown)
Different door handles (for the true keyless door open).

If I was doing a standard order, I would have just got a 2010 off of a lot. I've worked for Chrysler for over 5 years, but never was elible for their employee lease vehicle (where they basically own the car, pay insurance and title etc, and you just pay a monthly payment and drive it for 2 years). Only 2011s that have not yet been built are eligible for that plan (along with some cars / colors / options (including all SRTs not being eligible).

I really wanted a green with envy but alas, it was not an option. (I'm still excited!)
Thanks for the info. I did hear something about not having to buy a package to get EVIC now. I hope you got it.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm 99% sure that I have EVIC. The Electronic Convenience group was standard in the RT classic order.

I really wanted to get the Super Track Pack, and it was only like $5 or $6 a month, but I heard driving is a nightmare in the cold and snow with those tires.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
F1s aren't for cold but I hear the suspention changes are worth it even if you have to use other tires part of the year.

·
Registered
402 Posts
The new R/T's come with better bushings (help with wheel-hop and better handling). more suspension changes are the camber settings, faster ratio steering, and bigger shock absorbers. the motor is essentially the same but they now use electric steering (which I hear will help with performance, but would be a marginal difference. it helps mainly with fuel economy). Comes with auto A/C (nice but unnecessary). The new steering wheel and the facial stuff has been mentioned. finally, comes with the proximity entry, so you don't need to use your fob to unlock the car, but it has to be close to allow the car to unlock. Annoyingly, it comes with a new PCM which will make it a little bit before tuners get to change the tunes in the car.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :)

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Welcome aboard! Also, in addition to the steering wheel they did do some slight suspension tweaks on the 2011 R/T's, as well as bumped the HP a couple if I am not mistaken.

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts