Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
Welcome I was almost a Jeep owner I was test driving some Wranglers last fall when I heard that the AWD GT was coming out in January so I decided to wait until spring to buy my first AWD vehicle and I am loving it as well!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,075 Posts
Welcome from California ;)

A Guy

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Welcome from Illinois. Congratulations on the upgrade!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was curious as to how an awd challenger would work.. How does it handle? Comparable to the awd chargers and magnums?
It handles great. It's rwd until it needs the awd. It's kicks in automatically, unless I have it in sport mode then it's on all the time

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
I have taken my Challenger GT off road once this summer. When I took my mom and dad out to the B-25 bomber gathering to pay tribute to the Doolittle raid. It was at a private airport and to get to where they were parking the cars you had to go down a long driveway to a bridge that crossed a gully about 50 feet across and 10 to 12 feet deep. The cars entering were bumper to bumper for about 400 yards to the bridge and I saw tire tracks through the gully and up the other side so I pushed the sport mode button to engage AWD and turned into the gully and crossed it on a diagonal line the GT went down one side and climbed right up the other side with just a hint of wheel spin. After parking when we were paying at the spectator gate the man working the gate told me he takes that shortcut all the time in his 4 wheel drive Jeep but when he saw the crazy guy drive into the gully in a Challenger he thought that he would have to be towing a RWD muscle car out of bottom of the ditch as they had to do that a couple of time when someone in a passenger car thought they could make it across and were stuck at the bottom and could not drive out. He told me he was very surprised to see the front and rear tires gipping and pulling up the side of the gully he said he didn't know the Challenger had an AWD option and that he would be looking at getting one when the lease on his wife's car is up next year.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts