Dodge Challenger Forum banner

281 - 300 of 1729 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Hitman I'm behind you on this as well, I'm an EBAY rookie and I read all the disclaimers to cover my rear in purchases, but this is a good clean bid, fairly won and therefore the dealership is at a loss, I don't know the dealership personally but to backout well that just opens the gates to every ebay user selling an item to "back out" if they don't get what they think they should get for an item, it's a mistake, a costly one at that but at the dealers expense. I can see maybe a salesguy or the internet guy getting canned over this for sure.
Especially if the press get's all over it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Chiming in from nsxprime

Sorry if it's been repeated but there are way too pages lol

I hope you paid your $500 deposit or they might be able to legally back out on the binding deal, stating YOU did NOT uphold your end of the agreement.

Even if they try, the BEST thing you can do is CONTACT your LOCAL news. I'm certain they will be MORE than happy to make you part of the daily and probably national news. Anything to fill in the gaps. "Financial Bail out Dodge Dealership in Los Angeles Reneges on a Legal Binding Contract Over Ebay With a Local Buyer"

With the news truck(s) there, they have two options. 1) Make the free publicity a GOOD one. Or 2) Make the free publicity make them look REALLY BAD.

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
This is a simple contract case plain and simple. It was their mistake and it's their fault. Now you must do what you have to do to enforce the contract.

Stupid is as stupid does..

They owe you that car for that price, you just need a judge to tell them that..

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Good Luck Hitman... hoping it works out for ya!!!!!

·
Registered
562 Posts
cant believe how far out this has reached around the web! incredible. good luck dude.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #290 (Edited)
Got an update. Dealer is pulling the "we didn't get the deposit of $500" card, but show the contrary. Boss man refused to accept the deposit over the phone or go over details how to accomplish that. But I emailed them an electronic transfer to the sales rep listing the bid. Seller did not call me to question the deposit for whatever reason even though they both received a date/time stamped email that I did what I did to do my part.

Where does the dealership stand? They WON'T sell me the car at that ebay price and don't care if they get bad PR. I had the money required to move forward from day one, but they don't want to work with me on this 2009 SRT8.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Time to lawyer up and go to court...keep all your records and smile for the judge. It might take a while but the dealer themselves stated in their own auction it is a legal binding contract. You have a very strong case...if the judgment goes to you the dealer will have to pay all your legal expenses on top of it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What exactly do you mean when you say you emailed them an electronic transfer?

Sounds like they aren't going to budge and you'll have to contact a lawyer. Maybe a lawyer contacting them will be enough, maybe it won't.

·
Registered
9 Posts
with all of the attention this is getting from auto enthusiasts all over the country, is not one lurker or member a lawyer that can help him? i mean i'm happy that jalopnik is working on this too, but someone should be able to take up his case!

if the dealer maintains this "never received a deposit, never gonna happen, we don't care about the bad PR stance", wouldn't another dealer JUMP at the opportunity to sell him an SRT8? it'd be great publicity for the new dealer. they can say, when others won't, we will!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Everyone should start bidding on all their cars and when the auction closes and you are the winning bidder tell them you are not going to buy their car because they screwed hitman...lol

281 - 300 of 1729 Posts