Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I joined the site about a month ago, as I was going to buy a 2011 R/T.

I will find out tomorrow if a dealer will accept my offer today for 2010 black SRT8 for $7,000 off sticker?- Dealers GM needs to approve(he is off on Sunday). If accepted I will pay $39,500 for car all in and out the door.

What do you think, is that a real good deal? Should I pull the trigger?

I have seen these so called $10,000 off MSRP's but called and those are not real. All rebates to not apply to most.

thanks!
Joe

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Hi All,

I joined the site about a month ago, as I was going to buy a 2011 R/T.

I will find out tomorrow if a dealer will accept my offer today for 2010 black SRT8 for $7,000 off sticker?- Dealers GM needs to approve(he is off on Sunday). If accepted I will pay $39,500 for car all in and out the door.

What do you think, is that a real good deal? Should I pull the trigger?

I have seen these so called $10,000 off MSRP's but called and those are not real. All rebates to not apply to most.

thanks!
Joe
No WAY!!!!....PCP yea, but not Black....I was offered $8k off a black one 6 months ago....atleast get Yellow or Orange for $8k

if i were looking in the middle of winter id wait a 2 more weeks until the 2011's are at the dealer and offer $10k off....

its $8k off, but if its a stick remember the 2011's are $2k less because the stick shift is the base option...then remember you will get $1,000-$1,500 off a 2011 srt....

so in reality your only saving $5-6k over a 2011(if its a stick)...the 392 will always have a higher resale value...and sounds like its 1/2 second quicker in the 1/4 mile....

if it was $8k for a PCP id say yea, but for a Black one...not enough to make me budge....not when i see there's tons of 2010's left and the 2011 are almost here

for $7k id walk...i looked on Cars.com and saw a few for $38k listed....lots of Yellows left too...go high impact!!!

·
Registered
276 Posts
huggytree, but he wants an 11 rt or 10 srt... where does the value of the 392 come into play?

·
Registered
457 Posts
No WAY!!!!....PCP yea, but not Black....I was offered $8k off a black one 6 months ago....atleast get Yellow or Orange for $8k

if i were looking in the middle of winter id wait a 2 more weeks until the 2011's are at the dealer and offer $10k off....

its $8k off, but if its a stick remember the 2011's are $2k less because the stick shift is the base option...then remember you will get $1,000-$1,500 off a 2011 srt....

so in reality your only saving $5-6k over a 2011(if its a stick)...the 392 will always have a higher resale value...and sounds like its 1/2 second quicker in the 1/4 mile....

if it was $8k for a PCP id say yea, but for a Black one...not enough to make me budge....not when i see there's tons of 2010's left and the 2011 are almost here

for $7k id walk...i looked on Cars.com and saw a few for $38k listed....lots of Yellows left too...go high impact!!!
^ I completely agree. Wait or find another option. I would find a dealer with alot of cars left. I sh*t you not there are dealers in this area with 20+ 2010's sunbathing because they won't move on them BUT....now they are whoring them out to make room.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For more color on this: The challenge is finding a black auto that is an SRT8 that is not so loaded that I cannot keep out the door price under $40,000 which is my top end. Or I buy 2011 R/T for $5500 less and do not get as much at SRT8 offers or 425HP. I spent all day trying to locate black auto SRT8's with MSRP under $44 or $45,000. Not too many of those left...

Thanks for input.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
huggytree, but he wants an 11 rt or 10 srt... where does the value of the 392 come into play?

true i didnt catch that part....not a true comparison then

just wait!!!....in a month or so you will get $10k off ill bet...$7k=no way....not enough in this market w/ major performance upgrade

i didnt take $8k off 6 months ago (mainly because i didnt want black)...i think that car was $35-36k range...it was stripped........

i dont see them running out anytime soon until the rebates get higher....

smart move to get a 2010 SRT instead of a 2011 RT....probably the same price and the SRT will always have more value and prestige.....

i think the Yellow looks great and was surprised to see how many Yellows are left...didnt find many Oranges or PCP
s...at least not near me

·
Registered
43 Posts
No WAY!!!!....PCP yea, but not Black....I was offered $8k off a black one 6 months ago....atleast get Yellow or Orange for $8k!!
How can you tell someone what color to pay a premium for? I wouldn't be caught dead in a pcp or yellow car. Black can't be beat... Hold your line.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also had to consider finding one for $8,000 off sticker and then paying $500 to $1200 to ship it. Negating the that $8000.00 back to $7000 anyway....

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
I cant tell someone what color to choose i guess...im just pushy about my opinions!

Black would be my last choice.....when its new i agree it looks good on the Challenger...but after you wash it a few times you get all those buff/scratch/swirl marks....plus how do you keep it clean for more than 10 minutes...no thanks

i had a Yellow truck for a while...it never looked dirty....never showed those swirls

i can see how some people dont want Yellow....but i cant see how someone wouldnt want a PCP.....PCP is awesome on a Challenger....true retro!

im big on something unique....i dont want the same car as everyone else has.....

when i did a 250 mile search there were PAGES of 2010 SRT's.....drive 250 miles if thats what it takes...you dont need to ship it...

go to cars.com and do the search...spend 1 hour on the phone....you will find more than $7k off....

·
Registered
276 Posts
^ not to thread jack, but im debating up grading to the R/T now that my SE is crashed.

edit: I'm finding a ton of '10 RT Ragtops on Cars.com, WHAT?

·
Registered
457 Posts
^ not to thread jack, but im debating up grading to the R/T now that my SE is crashed.

edit: I'm finding a ton of '10 RT Ragtops on Cars.com, WHAT?
Its a dealer upgrade. Basically they had some chimp come to the lot and sell them a service that they thought would appeal to customers. Problem is...there's no warranty from Dodge on it and its expensive.

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
I cant tell someone what color to choose i guess...im just pushy about my opinions!

Black would be my last choice.....when its new i agree it looks good on the Challenger...but after you wash it a few times you get all those buff/scratch/swirl marks....plus how do you keep it clean for more than 10 minutes...no thanks

i had a Yellow truck for a while...it never looked dirty....never showed those swirls

i can see how some people dont want Yellow....but i cant see how someone wouldnt want a PCP.....PCP is awesome on a Challenger....true retro!

im big on something unique....i dont want the same car as everyone else has.....

when i did a 250 mile search there were PAGES of 2010 SRT's.....drive 250 miles if thats what it takes...you dont need to ship it...

go to cars.com and do the search...spend 1 hour on the phone....you will find more than $7k off....
The swirl marks are just as bad on PCP, I have seen plenty of these cars. And they also show on yellow, I have a co-worker that has one.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I did the cars.com all day and worked the phones. For my zip code and 250 miles there are very very few SRT8 in black with auto trans and MSRP of <$45,000 price.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Don't count on big rebates in 2011. Corporate is dead against them and a bunch more 10's were built when they quit producing 300's and chargers for the big model change over on those models. If the charger and 300 take off as planned, look for challenger production to drop to lower levels negating zero rebates like early ten and previous years. 7k off is about dealer net. Black is also a very popular color. U could wait a few months and maybe get a dealer to take a loser, but run the risk of the remaining good color/ equipment cars all being sold

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I do not think $7,500 off is bad, can you do better shopping around, likely. Do you have the time to shop around and dealers close enough do it? If you like the car get it. The other big thing to remember is your interest rate presuming you are financing.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts