Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ALL!

So I am trying to stay positive with my newly purchased SRT8 especially with what happened today (Christmas).

I am in love with this car, besides for the fact that it spewed out all of the power steering fluid on Christmas Eve; exactly two weeks after I purchased the car. I live in Iowa and it's bitter cold here right now, but I have a feeling that this is a known issue since other people have mentioned similar problems.

It has appeared to leak (by location of the puddle) in the middle of the car just aft of the front wheels. It looks to be right around the steering shaft but I can't get under the car to check.

The car is from FL and only has 7800 miles on it so this is pretty screwed up deal...

I will take any advice and help!

Merry Christmas to me right?! :eek:rder:

On a side note, I'm looking forward checking out the forums and talking with you fine folks!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Welcome to th forum!! Sorry to hear about you're leak. I have a 2010 SRT with about 12k on the clock. To date I have had no issues. I haven't heard of a known problem like you are describing. Hopefully once you get it fixed you will be on easy street. MERRY CHRISTMAS and I hope you have a year of many happy miles!

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Welcome to ChallengerTalk!
Sorry to hear about your car. Hope it all works out for you soon!

·
Premium Member
3,089 Posts
Maybe your car doesn't like cold weather....Welcome.....Never heard of that problem....keep us posted

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I know of other things from Florida that went North and leaked ... lol ... could just be nothing has been done to winterize the car .... Im In Florida but read all the time about issues the guys have up North with their cars ..... not sure about the PS but problems with the cars none the less ... good luck with the fix and welcome to CT

·
Registered
332 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Lots of great info here.

As far as power steering problems, I have not seen too many on the Challengers, but should be a minor fix in the grand scheme of things.

Now if you had a Dodge Ram, different story. Mine leaks PS fluid (Auto Trans Fluid) every Winter and only in the Winter. Not a single drop in Spring, Summer, or Fall.

Good Luck and Merry Christmas.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Merry Christmas !

It could be as simple as an o-ring that busted. With the bitter cold you said and the heat under the hood things can expanded. And maybe the o-ring didn't. And with the pressure busted the o-ring. Hope that is all it is. But I can understand how disappointing it can be since I am sure you have been bragging about what a great car, how much you love it, and the power is wonderful.

Have the best Christmas you can and keep us posted on what you find.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sounds like more of a bad dream than a nightmare. pull the pan from the belly (4 screws) see if you can see where its leaking. These cars have a pretty heavy duty rack and pinion setup. probably just a hose failed or as posted above an o-ring. any fluid leak is gonna drain thru the hole in the service pan so its gonna be hard to tell until you take a look. Snap a photo and post it so we can see. I'm sure someone here can walk you thru a quick fix or at least advise you to take in in for warranty work since its still covered.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
where at in iowa.. i live in ankeny and might be able to help.. let me know

·
Super Moderator
13,878 Posts
Hard to diagnose your problem without further information. What type of fluid is leaking? Oil, trans. fluid, anti-freeze, brake fluid, power steering fluid?

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
501 Posts
Well ....... I wonder if he got his power steering problem solved????

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts