Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
While looking at dodge.com, i noticed one of the local dealers (not mine)had a 2011 r/t in stock. So I thought I would take a look. Upon arriving I couldnt find it, so I had to ask an associate. He said the only challenger he knew that wasnt on the floor or out in the lot was in the service area. So he walked me backed there and I said thats a new 2011. He said, so it is. ( you would think they would know what they have in stock) I noticed it had a sold sign on it so i didnt want to sit in it, but he said go ahead. I kept my feet out as not to dirty this person new car.

It was a black classic with white stripes 6 speed. The first thing I noticed as i grabbed the wheel was how much softer the leather was.
The instrument pod was still the same, but sported a new font for the numbers. Very chrysler 300 type. I like it.
The heat controls are now set with a atuo temp. so no more increasing or decreasing the fan. Just set your favorite temp and leave it alone. This is standard on all models along with the push button start and the keyless-entry. Just have your fob in pocket and push the little button on the top of the handle and you're in.
Also the light switch and trunk switch now have the same chrome benzel as the start button does.
Also the steering wheel controls finally have the 'phone' button, no need to reach over.
I didnt get a chance to open the hood but its been rumored they now include hood struts.
The rear exhaust is still the same. It seems the quad exhaust is on the srt. But you can buy them from mopar for 217.00 each.

I liked ALL the new changes that I could see.

Back at dodge.com I downloaded the new 2011 brochure. (23 pages) Dont know if dealers will get them. New rim choices it seems.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I also stopped at a Dodge dealer tonight to see a Toxic Orange R/T that they got in. The color is nice in the sun, the metallic really sparkles but the shaded side looked more like a pumpkin color. The car had no stripping which I think would have broken it up a bit. The chrome clads looked better than the old ones because instead of the flat spoke design on top there was less flat and more angle to the sides of the spoke. I noticed the door handle had the little black rectangular button in it for unlocking it and also noticed on the black trim surround above the tailight assembly in the center there was another area which probably is a trunk release. The steering wheel is so so but I thought it looked a little bulkey and had alot more buttons on it than the old wheel. They also had the new Redline on a SE that reminded me of a cough drop red in shade.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Never was fond of auto climate controls. I don't like the car deciding to kick in the air conditioning when I really don't need/want it.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Yes, i have waited months to order a 392 in a classis Orange, such as vitamin C, or Hemi Orange....was very disappointed in the Brown looking Toxic Orange. If you check it out, the Camaro has over twice the Paint options, as the Challenger. Unless they come up with a better selection of colors for the 392, i may wait untill next year...

·
Premium Member
7,304 Posts
The auto climate control and all those darn buttons ruins it for me. I don't think I would want one unless I could get manual controls and no buttons like my '09. :(

·
Registered
764 Posts
Here's a pic of a Toxic Orange I took yesterday. Can't wait to get mine. In a perfect world I'd be able to get GWE on an SE, but this color will definitely do just fine. If I had bought a 2010 SE I'd be having regrets after seeing this.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
While looking at dodge.com, i noticed one of the local dealers (not mine)had a 2011 r/t in stock. So I thought I would take a look. Upon arriving I couldnt find it, so I had to ask an associate. He said the only challenger he knew that wasnt on the floor or out in the lot was in the service area. So he walked me backed there and I said thats a new 2011. He said, so it is. ( you would think they would know what they have in stock) I noticed it had a sold sign on it so i didnt want to sit in it, but he said go ahead. I kept my feet out as not to dirty this person new car.

It was a black classic with white stripes 6 speed. The first thing I noticed as i grabbed the wheel was how much softer the leather was.
The instrument pod was still the same, but sported a new font for the numbers. Very chrysler 300 type. I like it.
The heat controls are now set with a atuo temp. so no more increasing or decreasing the fan. Just set your favorite temp and leave it alone. This is standard on all models along with the push button start and the keyless-entry. Just have your fob in pocket and push the little button on the top of the handle and you're in.
Also the light switch and trunk switch now have the same chrome benzel as the start button does.
Also the steering wheel controls finally have the 'phone' button, no need to reach over.
I didnt get a chance to open the hood but its been rumored they now include hood struts.
The rear exhaust is still the same. It seems the quad exhaust is on the srt. But you can buy them from mopar for 217.00 each.

I liked ALL the new changes that I could see.

Back at dodge.com I downloaded the new 2011 brochure. (23 pages) Dont know if dealers will get them. New rim choices it seems.
A very informative & detailed assessment. Thanks! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Here's a pic of a Toxic Orange I took yesterday. Can't wait to get mine. In a perfect world I'd be able to get GWE on an SE, but this color will definitely do just fine. If I had bought a 2010 SE I'd be having regrets after seeing this.

Well, if they didn't have the DWB for 10' I would have kicked my self for not waiting for the TO too, but I love my DWB

·
Registered
49 Posts
Auto climate control is a must here in NC :) Guess it depends where you live. The remote start is also great when its 100 degrees. Start her up, walk over get in and the car is already cool....can't beat it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts