Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here at Hotchkis, we never sleep!

We just released a new line of 2011 Dodge Challenger suspension packages.

If you've been waiting for performance spring packages or spring and sway bar packages for your self-leveling Nivomat rear suspension Challenger, the wait is over. We're now offering suspension packages that include high performance mono tube gas pressure rear shocks from Bilstein shocks to replace you Nivomat shocks. These packages will dramatically improve performance while still being a comfortable ride.

Check them out here: LINK

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I see springs for the RT but what about the SRT's

·
Registered
93 Posts

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
not sure what they are, but for a vette, I think they have coil overs that are adjustable and you can lower the height of the ride along with improvement in handling. is there something like that for the 2011 SRTs?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Here at Hotchkis, we never sleep!

We just released a new line of 2011 Dodge Challenger suspension packages.

If you've been waiting for performance spring packages or spring and sway bar packages for your self-leveling Nivomat rear suspension Challenger, the wait is over. We're now offering suspension packages that include high performance mono tube gas pressure rear shocks from Bilstein shocks to replace you Nivomat shocks. These packages will dramatically improve performance while still being a comfortable ride.

Check them out here: LINK
So if I have a 2011 R/T and I purchase the 2011+ Dodge Challenger RT Sport Coil Springs without the 2 rear shocks from Bilstein, will the front and rear get lower? Does the 11' R/T have the self leveling rear shocks, thus making it necessary for me to get the 2 rear Bilsteins? If I don't need the 2 rear Bilsteins and I just purchase the 4 springs will my car ride better or worse than stock??? What are the downsides/upsides? I would really like to purchase the springs but I don't know enough about the pros and cons. My driveway is also pretty damn steep.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No Bilsteins for the front?

Pauly – That’s a great question! The front struts for the 2011 are different than the ones on the previously produced Challengers. Bilstein doesn’t currently have a replacement front strut for the 2011 models. When they do have them out in the near future we will offer them on our website.
These new kits with the rear Bilsteins are great for Hotchkis customers with the rear self-leveling Nivomat shocks and want to install lowering springs, since factory installed Nivomat self-leveling shocks and lowering springs are incompatible.
If you don’t have Nivomat rear shocks you can install lowering springs without installing new shocks, or you can upgrade to our new kit with high-performance Bilstein shocks for improved handling.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So if I have a 2011 R/T and I purchase the 2011+ Dodge Challenger RT Sport Coil Springs without the 2 rear shocks from Bilstein, will the front and rear get lower? Does the 11' R/T have the self leveling rear shocks, thus making it necessary for me to get the 2 rear Bilsteins? If I don't need the 2 rear Bilsteins and I just purchase the 4 springs will my car ride better or worse than stock??? What are the downsides/upsides? I would really like to purchase the springs but I don't know enough about the pros and cons. My driveway is also pretty damn steep.

Here’s the deal: on the earlier cars, many of the R/T manual transmission cars came with Nivomat self-leveling shocks in back, while the automatics did not. Nearly all came with Bilstein front shocks. We’ve asked Chrysler engineers why and have gotten a variety of answers, but it appears the main reason is that the Nivomats actually help reduce wheel hop. You don’t want to put lowering springs on a Nivomat car without swapping the rear shocks, because it wont’ let the car sit lower, it will just wear out the shock trying to compensate for the lower ride height. It doesn’t have anything to do with ride quality, just function. For 2011, we know Dodge is still using Nivomat shocks on some Challengers but not all. Find out if your car has rear Nivomats. If it does, you’ll need to install the Bilstein’s in order to use our Sport Coil Springs. If not, you’ll be fine with the springs alone.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Pauly – That’s a great question! The front struts for the 2011 are different than the ones on the previously produced Challengers. Bilstein doesn’t currently have a replacement front strut for the 2011 models. When they do have them out in the near future we will offer them on our website.
These new kits with the rear Bilsteins are great for Hotchkis customers with the rear self-leveling Nivomat shocks and want to install lowering springs, since factory installed Nivomat self-leveling shocks and lowering springs are incompatible.
If you don’t have Nivomat rear shocks you can install lowering springs without installing new shocks, or you can upgrade to our new kit with high-performance Bilstein shocks for improved handling.

Great, I'll keep checking the site. Thank you!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I see springs for the RT but what about the SRT's

Bskylerj – That’s a great question. We have only confirmed the fitment on the RT so far. We still need to get an SRT into the shop to confirm everything fits and works correctly before we’ll post it on our site. There’s always a chance of a slight difference and we don’t want to leave anything to chance. We do this to confirm that our customers will have a flawless install without any surprises. Thanks for your inquiry.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
How about the SE? If you need one I could probably help. I'm 46 miles from you in the Inland Empire.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Will these fit the 2011 3.6 Challengers?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Bskylerj – That’s a great question. We have only confirmed the fitment on the RT so far. We still need to get an SRT into the shop to confirm everything fits and works correctly before we’ll post it on our site. There’s always a chance of a slight difference and we don’t want to leave anything to chance. We do this to confirm that our customers will have a flawless install without any surprises. Thanks for your inquiry.

Have you got a Srt in yet to try? If not let me know where your located. I will see if I can get you mine or someone close to you. You can pm me info if that works better

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.