Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you have your new 2011, let's hear about your reactions. What pleasantly surprised you and what disappointed you? The seat cover issues on the IEs are already well documented.

I'll go first, I got my 2011 R/T Classic Redline 3 on Monday. The Redline color is nice but I don't think a $995 upcharge is justified. If you want a red one, you don't really have a choice this year though. I have the Super Track Pack and the handling is very responsive, which I like.

Two small negatives - The rear passenger side seat back doesn't latch into position and the passenger side floor mat doesn't have a hole for the hook that keeps it from sliding. The driver's side floor mat has the hole and the hook, but the passenger side only has the hook, missing the hole. Next time I'm in for an oil change I'll probably have them take care of both. Its not worth a trip just for those two items.

Here a few photos. It was overcast when I took the photos and a lot of reflective light from the snow. The one from the rear is the most representative of Redline 3. I'd say it is closer to Torred than Inferno Red but like Torred it changes considerably based on the lighting.

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Nice Pics. The redline color does look very nice with the black stripes.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Nice looking car. Congrats

You just need to get the heat gun or some hot water and get the advertising off the bumper..... that is unless you own the dealership lol.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
beautiful car, but I agree, $995 is too much.....

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
did you pull the challenger grill badge or does it not come with it? Looks great btw...congrats
where in IL are you btw?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I took the dealership sticker off right after I saw it in the photos. I meant to do it before, but just forgot.

I did not remove the all caps CHALLENGER from the front grill. It didn't come with one. Was this missed on mine or was this a change for 2011?

·
Registered
402 Posts
I took the dealership sticker off right after I saw it in the photos. I meant to do it before, but just forgot.

I did not remove the all caps CHALLENGER from the front grill. It didn't come with one. Was this missed on mine or was this a change for 2011?
2011 Classics don't come with the challenger in the front grille. I don't know why they would change that?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts