Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My name is John, I thought I would introduce myself. Well I work in Kansas City Missouri and have lived in the KC area since 1986. I am prior Army, did 17 years but did not make retirement. I have a daugher Cristina who is 24 and my grand daugher is a beautiful little 4 year old girl who has her grandpa wrapped around her little fingers. They both live with me here in KC.

Always loved cars/truck. I know this may sound funny but I am a GM guy first and foremost but as of yesterday I own two Dodge Ram pickups, a Toyota Avalon I bought for my daughter and now an SRT Challenger.

I have owned 4 new Camaro's 1979, 1981, 1986 and 1991. 2 vettes a 1968 and most recent a 2007 C6 that I traded in for the Challenger. I also owned two Trans Ams a 1998 and 2001. Both of those had the wonderful LS1's which are a lot like the Hemi.

When I joined the Army and got to my first assignment at Ft Mcpherson back in 1978, my first car I bought on my own was a 1970 Challenger with the 383 Magnum. Loved that car and of course love the looks of the current Challengers.

My main reason for trading the C6 vette for this Challenger was that it was not fun going to car shows in the vette. My grand daughter wants to ride with grandpa in the vette so my daughter would have to follow us in her car. that takes out all the fun of riding together and seeing and commenting on all the cars on any cruises. Well the Challenger will eliminate that problem.

Now my all time favorite car is the Dodge Viper and it was on my list of next to buy before I bought the C6 vette. got a great deal and couldn't pass it up. I will still get a Viper for my next car.

I am an active member on the Corvette, Viper, Rumblebee.org and the local KC Fbody forums along with LS1Tech.

Hope to have some fun here and learn about the challenger I just bought.

see you around.
John

·
Banned
675 Posts
Welcome John, I'm from KC also. What color challenger did you get? I purchased my R/T at Landmark Dodge over in Independence, then I purchased my SRT at gladstone dodge.

Maybe I'll see ya around

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
too funny. got mine yesterday from Gladstone Dodge. its the 5th vehicle I bought from them. its black with silver rally stripes. I put pictures of it, my old C6 and my rumblee in my gallery. I live off Barry Road, near Zona Rosa shopping center. A little south of the Airport.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Welcome from Nebraska! The car you purchased actually originated at my Performance Chrysler Dodge Ram Jeep store in Lincoln, Nebraska (look at lower left hand side of your window sticker). That is definitely one bad a$$ looking car and drew a ton of attention the few days it sat on our showroom floor.

If I can ever be of assistance, please let me know. We keep over 25 new Vipers in stock and have over 100 Challengers currently available (in stock and coming).

Enjoy your stay,

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Hi John and welcome! Allot of us are waiting on trains so we can get ours (waiting sucks BTW). Mine is a black with silver stripes. Congrats on the car!!

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome from Nebraska! The car you purchased actually originated at my Performance Chrysler Dodge Ram Jeep store in Lincoln, Nebraska (look at lower left hand side of your window sticker). That is definitely one bad a$$ looking car and drew a ton of attention the few days it sat on our showroom floor.

If I can ever be of assistance, please let me know. We keep over 25 new Vipers in stock and have over 100 Challengers currently available (in stock and coming).

Enjoy your stay,
Cool, they told me it came from Nebraska. Where are your Vipers. I have been talking to Bill Pemberton at Woodhouse for the last 2-3 years about Vipers. I did not know there was two dealerships in Nebraska with that many Vipers.

Thanks for the welcome.

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
The Vipers all belong to our Baxter store, but we physically keep them off site in a climate controlled storage facility in La Vista. If you ever want to cruise up sometime I will be glad to take you to see the cars. This is also where we keep our "collection" of cars (ACR-X Viper, World Challenge Viper, Laguna Seca ACR Viper, 09/10/11 Drag Pack Challengers, among others).

Just under 100 new 09/10 model year Vipers were sold last year out of Nebraska, with all but 1 of those coming from 2 dealers. Not bad when you consider that only 375 cars were produced for the U.S. market for the 2010 model year.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi John and welcome! Allot of us are waiting on trains so we can get ours (waiting sucks BTW). Mine is a black with silver stripes. Congrats on the car!!
thanks for the welcome. I came across this one by accident. My dealer called me when the Inagrual Edition came in because he knew I wanted one of the new 6.4 SRT's. well I had seen pictures of the new ones with the white seats. I went in and looked at it. and said nope, not for me. love the white interior but with a 4 year old grand daughter there is no way the interior would stay clean.

I try to look at one of the local chevy dealers for used Z06's and gladstone for any new challengers. I did not expect them to have on so soon. I went there Sunday to look to see if they really had one without the white seats and sure enough they had a black one with slate interior and ralley stripes. I took Monday off and went down to gladstone first thing in the morning. had to track down my sales guy who I have known for years. he did not even know the car was on the lot. I told him I NEEDED to buy it today. well, after about an hour, it was mine.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Vipers all belong to our Baxter store, but we physically keep them off site in a climate controlled storage facility in La Vista. If you ever want to cruise up sometime I will be glad to take you to see the cars. This is also where we keep our "collection" of cars (ACR-X Viper, World Challenge Viper, Laguna Seca ACR Viper, 09/10/11 Drag Pack Challengers, among others).

Just under 100 new 09/10 model year Vipers were sold last year out of Nebraska, with all but 1 of those coming from 2 dealers. Not bad when you consider the 2010 model year they only 375 cars were produced for the U.S. market.
no kidding, sorry I have only been aware of woodhouse the last 2-3 years on the VCA website. and I did take a ride to Blair and Bill took me to their off site storage also to look at the vipers. thats too cool. it will take me awhile to get into a position to be able to afford a viper since I just bought this challenger yesterday but as soon as I can swing it, a Viper will be mine.

thanks very much.

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
We aren't going anywhere so you have an open invitation. We have only over the past 18 months or so made a name in the Viper World, and have got to know quite a few of the KC VCA guys during that time through different events. Our own Bruce Kenkel (BlknBlu on here and on viperclub.org) is a board member of the KC VCA Club.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Congrats Dad! We both have same color for 392. Good luck!

P.S. Like pic's of Vette & Ram too. You take great pride in your vehicles.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Congrats Dad! We both have same color for 392. Good luck!

P.S. Like pic's of Vette & Ram too. You take great pride in your vehicles.
I used to take my rumblebee to car shows, my vette won first place last year at an all corvette car show for stock C6's. I love cars and do try to take care of them.

Thank you, noticing a couple things after 2 days of driving. I have to really watch my speedometer, this car wants to go past 70mph without me noticing. I am having to let up on the gas all the time to keep the speed down to legal limit.

Also, the vette would cruise at 70mph at 1400rpm where this one cruises at 70 at 1900rpm. my vette had the 2.56 gears and was a 6 speed automatic where this car I believe has 3.05 gears but is a 5 speed. sure would be nice to have an auto 6 speed for better gas milage.

I did not want the manual 6 speed because I daily drive my cars in KC downtown rush hour traffic.

Loving the ride, much more comfortable than the vette. power levels seam to be around the same, maybe a little more on the Challenger. once I get it broken in I will have it dynoed and take it to the track to see what it will do compared to my stock vette time slips.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Congrats and welcome aboard! Enjoy that awesome ride!

·
Banned
675 Posts
too funny. got mine yesterday from Gladstone Dodge. its the 5th vehicle I bought from them. its black with silver rally stripes. I put pictures of it, my old C6 and my rumblee in my gallery. I live off Barry Road, near Zona Rosa shopping center. A little south of the Airport.
awesome, I live just down the street from you in Gladstone and also commute the downtown traffic in the AM, maybe I'll see ya one of these days.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have a buddy that is a photographer and we get a couple of pretty models to shoot with my cars. Maybe this summer we can get both cars together with some of the models to do a photoshoot.

·
Banned
675 Posts
I have a buddy that is a photographer and we get a couple of pretty models to shoot with my cars. Maybe this summer we can get both cars together with some of the models to do a photoshoot.

Sounds great John, I've always wanted to do this just drop me a private message whenever you want to do the photoshoot. Also they have a car show down in parkville the first weekend of every month. I usually take my classics down there but I can take my challenger down for the next one. They go from 4 - 8 and have a cruise afterwards. However I'll miss the next one because I'll be at challengerfest.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sounds great John, I've always wanted to do this just drop me a private message whenever you want to do the photoshoot. Also they have a car show down in parkville the first weekend of every month. I usually take my classics down there but I can take my challenger down for the next one. They go from 4 - 8 and have a cruise afterwards. However I'll miss the next one because I'll be at challengerfest.
Please send me a message for the next one and I will meet you there if its on a Saturday. Saturdays are my only day off. I work at Barnes & Noble on Sundays at Zona Rosa.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts