Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry, gang, not much difference other than the things that have been discussed in other threads...looks like the red seat insert is the default, unless in some special editions like the GWE overall interior hasnt changed much. this is the non stripe billet metallic car I posted yesterday:(
j

Attachments

·
Registered
457 Posts
sorry, gang, not much difference other than the things that have been discussed in other threads...looks like the red seat insert is the default, unless in some special editions like the GWE overall interior hasnt changed much. this is the non stripe billet metallic car I posted yesterday:(
j
Some big things added not in the pics are the folding seat (driver, Passenger) with the handles being lifted behind the seat at the top and the replacement of the back seat lights. THey are located on the roof line (instead of on the seats) above and behind each bucket seat. BIG improvement in lighting overall.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
could the automatic shifter look Less cool?

glad to see the regular SRT doesnt get the IE interior goodies

seats have a slight looseness, but not as bad as the IE

·
Registered
733 Posts
thx for sharing. I like the look of the new steering wheel but don't like those 1.5 million buttons on the steering wheel

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Man...at first I loved the steering wheel, but my god it's just so "fat" and it dosen't have that "middle lower" area where I can just wrest my hand on when coasting through traffic or on the roads, what does the IE have interior wise that the SRT dosen't? I wasn't aware of any big differences

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Man...at first I loved the steering wheel, but my god it's just so "fat" and it dosen't have that "middle lower" area where I can just wrest my hand on when coasting through traffic or on the roads, what does the IE have interior wise that the SRT dosen't? I wasn't aware of any big differences
some brushed stainless trim here and there....it jazzes it up a bit more...

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
The new interior doesn't look much different from the previous interior. The quality of these seats look much better than the IE seats. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
Dodge Challenger Hellcat
961 Posts
I like the wheel. I see the trunk release button has been revised. Well from my 2008 anyway.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I love the new wheel. Looked at a new Durango yesterday, supposed to have the same wheel. Love all the controls, front and back. Like the cruise control on the wheel now too!

·
Registered
402 Posts
I like the new gauges and steering wheel. Thanks for posting.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Gauge cluster not so much, cartoonish to me. Wheel to fat with way to many controls. I do like the additional chrome bezels. IMO

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i kind of echo the same comments...the wheel in my 2011 charger is really nice, and I again, I've been driving the new grand cherokee with the same controls...once you get used to them they are a big improvement...the charger offers the adaptive cruise, and that button goes in the blank side on the right, above the set button...too bad the challenger isnt offered with it...its a great feature.

·
Registered
457 Posts
i kind of echo the same comments...the wheel in my 2011 charger is really nice, and I again, I've been driving the new grand cherokee with the same controls...once you get used to them they are a big improvement...the charger offers the adaptive cruise, and that button goes in the blank side on the right, above the set button...too bad the challenger isnt offered with it...its a great feature.
Adaptive cruise rocks. I was driving my wifes 2011 Charger and it is useful. In case no one knows...it adapts to the movement of the vehicle in front of you, if they change speed your car does too and it alerts you to brake if needed.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Glad to see that the seats are the same that was a big concern for me. Does anybody know if it's possible to swap out the new steering wheel with a '08'-'10?

·
Registered
483 Posts
j
Thanks for posting the images!

I'm hoping that it's just the pictures, but those seats look like they're built for a 350 lb lard a$$. Extra wide and flat. The side bolstering (for the vertical and horizontal surfaces) looks much less effective as compared with the previous generation SRT-8 seats. Even in the back seats seem less "deep". Again, maybe its the angle of the shot.

I do like the new wheel and the gauge cluster however. Looks like they went to a push/push E-brake (no release lever) too.

·
Registered
119 Posts
j
Still rather dull and dreering looking if you ask me.
I swear Chrysler must have some type of partnership with all of the Mod shops out there.
I spent quite a bit modding the inside just to get it close to the quality of the Camaro.
Ya I'm whining but I think they could do much better for the Money they charge.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics.

IMO the 2011 steering wheel is not quite there yet - too thick - more appropriate in a truck.
FWIW, I think the the 2008-2010 was also not great - not sporty enough - more appropriate for a 300C.

Maybe next revision, they'll get it right.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Have a feeling the SRT wheel will be changing for 2012....dodge center with an AMG type hoop..ala Redline Charger concept with paddles for bang-shifting the 8-speed ZF

1 - 20 of 77 Posts