Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 339 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks for sharing! I been on the fence on buying a Challenger since 2009. Each year I wait to see if there are any big changes coming, but more critical is the timing of my purchase as I am overseas. Looks like 2012 model is the one I get.

You wouldn't happen to know anything about the new radio/sound system would you?

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Wow... I guess they aren't going to put a lot of time and money into making changes to the CHallenger.

·
Registered
133 Posts
-2013+ model Challengers are going to an "electric throttle" instead of the current fly-by-wire system... Not sure what that means though since fly-by-wire is technically electronic. Anyone with technical expertise know what he was referring to??

Anyway, thought I'd share.
May be referring to Fiat's MultiAir system (???)

·
Super Moderator
14,139 Posts
I told him that most of us enthusiasts assume there might be a Cuda coming down the line after the Challenger is done production and he kind of went quiet and he said "I'm really not allowed to talk about that stuff, I don't want to get in trouble"' So, in no way a confirmation, but at least he didn't deny it! Hehe...
That's makes a lot of sense. After a 6 year run (longer than the original Challenger) they have to give the public something "new". Since there was only one E-body style in the 1970s, a 'Cuda would make perfect sense.

I would bet, however, that it would be based on a smaller frame and have the twin-turbo Pentastar engine that is currently under development.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Just give me a Cuda after the Challenger and I would happy. I think if they mess with this car anymore they will screw it up. It Charger interior is nice, Those soft materials would have been nice in a Challenger.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
I would rock a turbo 3.6L Pentastar!!!! Something made for boost is perfect for modding.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Yeah, I was hoping for a move towards the charger interior.....thanks for the inside info!
I really like the new Charger interior too, really cool, but the one 'mistake' is the black gauges. Prefer the white gauges by far, and if they put black gauges in the Challenger, I'd be extremely disappointed.

In case anyone is wondering why anyone, like myself would prefer the white, its simple. Its an eye trick. When you walk into a room, the FIRST thing your eye focuses on is black. Same principle, when you look at a white gauge, your eye goes to the NUMBERS first, which is why you even look at a speedometer. If you look a black gauge, your eye takes a split second to not focus on the face and find the numbers. I didn't believe this at first, but go try it. This is the reason race cars use white gauges. We bought a 2001 Grand Caravan and I was so glad Chrysler put the white gauges, even in there. That was free.... ;)

·
Registered
84 Posts
2012 SRT8 steering wheel

I'm curious as to whether the 2012 SRT8 Challenger will get the SRT8 steering wheel shown on the 2012 SRT8 Charger?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
The ONLY "modification" to the Challenger I care about is when they will be dropping the 426 HEMI into it. :thumbsup:

All these little "cosmetic" changes mean nothing. :sleep:

I mean, "back up camera," "improved nav," "comfier seats?"

C'mon. :notallthere:

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
The ONLY "modification" to the Challenger I care about is when they will be dropping the 426 HEMI into it. :thumbsup:

All these little "cosmetic" changes mean nothing. :sleep:

I mean, "back up camera," "improved nav," "comfier seats?"

C'mon. :notallthere:
Agreed, the only thing that matters as far as upgrades to follow on model years are those three magical numbers

Ironic to mention that if a 426 came out in 2014, it would mark the 50th anniversary of the 426! Dodge are you listening. Opportunity for a special edition!!

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Agreed, the only thing that matters as far as upgrades to follow on model years are those three magical numbers

Ironic to mention that if a 426 came out in 2014, it would mark the 50th anniversary of the 426! Dodge are you listening. Opportunity for a special edition!!
Wait I thought that a throw back paint color and a dash plaque signifies a special edition to Dodge. :fight:

Add a 426 to the line-up? Great, another car we wouldn't be able to drive on the street.:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 339 Posts