Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi...

Just bought a new 2014 Dodge Challenger SRT8 - Core.

Only had 3,653 miles.

Drove 4 1/2 hours from Chicagoland to get it.

Owner of a dealership used car for a while and then got bored with it.

He had it stored in back in warehouse with custom car cover on it. He had the guys do regular upkeep/maintenance to it and decided to sell it last month.

It was at of all places - a Hyundai dealership in Ohio. No shit - go figure. His Dad and him own 13 dealerships from Ohio to Alabama.

So I got very lucky to find one.

Black

6 Speed

Borla - S - catback exhaust system

So give me some ideas on how to get it "dialed in" with a "Top FIVE" of basic mods that I need to do.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Sweet ride! Curious if you paid over $30k for it, hope well below for your sake, but the used market is kind of unpredictable...

With the 6-speeds, a skip shift eliminator and catch can are always the best 1-2 mods - after exhaust which you already have - but after those basic mods then it starts to get expensive :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info!

$26,500

Reactions: EricG

·
Premium Member
2016 SRT
649 Posts
I loved the old chin spoiler better then the new ones, and those rims are the best they ever put on a challenger I miss my 13. Very nice congrats.

Mopar or No Car

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,862 Posts
Sweet ride! Curious if you paid over $30k for it, hope well below for your sake, but the used market is kind of unpredictable...

With the 6-speeds, a skip shift eliminator and catch can are always the best 1-2 mods - after exhaust which you already have - but after those basic mods then it starts to get expensive :)
Don't forget the clutch delay valve delete. :wink3:

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,067 Posts
Welcome to the forum from a fellow 2014 Core owner. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
The cores are one of the best looking Challengers ever built. No fancy sh#t like the good ol days. Real muscle car right there.
Congrats and good luck with car.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Nice! Welcome from Maryland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,768 Posts
Welcome from California ;)

A Guy

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Welcome from the MN. Nice ride.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Welcome from another Core owner!

The Cores were for the "purists", no doubt. As my buddy once said, "pure balls" lol.

As for the mods, somebody mentioned the skip shift eliminator. I did that on my old R/T, but my Core has never done the 1st to 4th shift on me. I looked under the car and found no signs that anyone put the skip shift eliminator on.

The Barton Shifter is a must have according to anybody who has installed one. I haven't done this yet, but its on my list.
The speakers are garbage at best. I went and replaced them all, and you may want to replace the head unit if its the base radio.
When you need tires, a popular upgrade is to go 275 40s all the way around.
A Catch Can is a good idea to eliminate oil in the intake.
Tint?

Good luck with your new ride - looks incredible
How is that Borla exhaust? drone?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Welcome from Southern Maryland. Beautiful car...... just beautiful. One suggestion is, unless your name is "Taylor" I'd get rid of it from the spoiler. Just say'n. Good luck and enjoy !

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT Core
552 Posts
Welcome aboard.Lose the chrome fuel filler for a flat black one because it sticks out like a sore thumb.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Congratulations and welcome aboard! :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts