Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I haven't posted in a long time, I used to have a 2010 Challenger SE 3.5, but recently upgraded to a 2015 RT 5.7 with the Super Drag Pack, 5000 miles, I have a couple of questions, 1st my gas mileage is around 13 miles to the gallon city, I do tend to jack rabbit start, its hard not to with this car, I thought with the 8 speed tranny I would get around 16 to the gallon??? Also, I knew the ride would be rougher with the sport suspension but it seem to really jar my spine sometimes, the weather has been bitter cold up here in Michigan so I'm not sure if it is because the shocks might be a little frozen, but last night I was changing lanes and accelerated, hit a bump in the road my rear tires literally came off the ground, kinda freaked me out!!! I am running with snow tires with 31 pounds of air so the tires aren't over inflated and i heard snow tires are softer then the stock tires. another thing, the rear end seems to make a thumping sound when hitting these bumps almost like the shocks are bottoming out, is this normal for these cars with the tight suspension?? Thanks , any help would be great!

·
Super Moderator
15,397 Posts
Super Track Pack suspension is going to be firmer - quite a lot firmer than what your '10 SE (softest suspension on Challenger line, especially in those years).
-your car has the Scat Pack rear springs (firmer over regular R/T spring) and Bilstein shocks (firmer valving over std. R/T Sachs models)

Its not unusual to hear the rear suspension bump on rougher road surfaces. My Scat Pack has a firm ride and I'll notice the rear suspension makes some sounds on the rough streets around where I live.

Its driving habits (and probably the colder temperatures = longer warmup cycle) that affect MPG. If you're doing "jackrabbit" starts, you're going to see lower values.

I've seen my Scat Pack's lowest mileage avg readout at 12.5 (heavy slow traffic for 14mi one winter) and typically average 16.5 - 17.1 driving around town, to give an idea of the range I see with the 392 engine.

My '09 R/T I had would typically run 15.5 to 17 (M6) for around town driving MPG. If I drove it hard, it would be on the lower end of that range

·
Premium Member
9,365 Posts
Just drive it and enjoy yourself, these cars aren’t bought with gas mileage as a consideration. They encourage you to put your foot in it at times and the gas gauge then races the speedometer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts