Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.. Recently purchased and awaiting delivery of a 2019 Pitch Black R/T Plus (6M).

Was shopping around for a new vehicle and could not find exactly what I wanted that scratched that itch. Always looked for that one off project car that would be the talk of the show. I cannot afford many of the first picks .. or most of the last picks when it really comes down to it (time, parts and tools mainly). Moved to Germany for work from Italy (Naples) and put a significant amount of money into an Alfa Romeo GT (2005) made in England (GB for you GB folks) in a gorgeous blue metallic - cherry clear coat, shock, rims (stock), eletronics, blah blah.. only to have the local mechanics remove and replace with subpar brands, missing a cat, wrong clutch cylinder, etc.

Was tired of buying other peoples problems and got serious with research on a new coupe.. The R/T won out.. got a huge rebate on the car, doesn't have everything i want, but it has most of it and i am sure that i will end up getting another. Already hooked and don't even have it in my possession.

Quick question.. what are the first few things i should do before/after taking possession? Being that it's pollen season out here i have already ordered wash and ceramic finish (because you know.. it's black.. horrible choice for most seasons), cleaned the garage bay (huge garage), and impatiently waiting for the call to pick it up.

~ Rouk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,793 Posts
Welcome from California ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Purchased but waiting delivery?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Sight unseen... was brought from the States to Germany for a large car dealership.. currently stuck at the port, but within a week or two, should be delivered/dropped off or available for pick-up. With the outbreak, the German government has a tight hold on what comes through, how many vehicles are on the road, ect.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome from Texas. I had an R/T before and loved it. . Consider waxing it and buying a wash made for matte (for your stripe). This is great stuff (I bought the gallon as it will last a lifetime). Meticulous Matte Auto Wash for Crisp Satin & Matte Finishes |

Look forward to this when waxing:

View attachment 993399
That's a lot of matte on your T/A.. I read your post on the joys of the stripe.. as a $395+ add-on (per dealer sticker price), i'm still debating on whether it is worth having it removed 🤔. Will the ceramic coat have an issue with the matte finish?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,793 Posts
They have drugs for that now...

A Guy

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
975 Posts
They have drugs for that now...

A Guy
Depending on severity......some Clorox and a Brillo pad can make that member good-as-new. :ROFLMAO:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts