Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2016 PCP ScatPack
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, been a while since I have posted anything here, life too busy! Anyway, because of that busy life I have now upgraded from a '16 Scat to the above listed vehicle! I just passed the 500 mi break in, and holy smokes, this thing is nuts!!!!
The 1st thing I learned is to never floor it... Ever! No matter if you think you already have that thing moving quickly enough, you don't have it moving quickly enough!
I had to tint the windows (not for the reason you'd expect.) I didn't want everyone to see me grinning like a fool every time I smashed the throttle!
I named her Miranda. A befitting name for a female UFC fighter as well as a beast that will beat anything on the road that may challenge her.
I've never experienced something that is this fun to drive!
Does anyone have any input on quirks and/or issues that have come up during a more lengthy ownership experience?

·
Registered
2018 Pitch Black SXT
966 Posts
Congratulations!. (y) I don't think the windows being tinted is gonna stop people from knowing that you are sporting a grin from ear to ear. ;)

·
Registered
2016 PCP ScatPack
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congratulations!. (y) I don't think the windows being tinted is gonna stop people from knowing that you are sporting a grin from ear to ear. ;)
Lol, You're probably right!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,849 Posts
Congrats ;) You'll need to change your avatar, sig, etc :)

A Guy

·
Premium Member
2019 Hellcat Redeye in white knuckle with silver stripes
1,113 Posts
Congratulations!
There is really only one problem with these...traction. And you have already figured that out. Enjoy and hang on!

·
Premium Member
7,288 Posts
Congratulations

·
Registered
2019 Hellcat Red Eye Widebody
163 Posts
Hey, been a while since I have posted anything here, life too busy! Anyway, because of that busy life I have now upgraded from a '16 Scat to the above listed vehicle! I just passed the 500 mi break in, and holy smokes, this thing is nuts!!!!
The 1st thing I learned is to never floor it... Ever! No matter if you think you already have that thing moving quickly enough, you don't have it moving quickly enough!
I had to tint the windows (not for the reason you'd expect.) I didn't want everyone to see me grinning like a fool every time I smashed the throttle!
I named her Miranda. A befitting name for a female UFC fighter as well as a beast that will beat anything on the road that may challenge her.
I've never experienced something that is this fun to drive!
Does anyone have any input on quirks and/or issues that have come up during a more lengthy ownership experience?
BW,

Congratulations! Like ships, I prefer female names for these awesome challengers. Mine is simply RDEYE, her KY plate, and she is a beautiful purple beast of a car.

I concur with your comments, and the other poster's who say traction is the issue. But, having said that, I ran RDEYE at the NCM track in October on stock all season Pirelli's (recommended by the 10/10th's experts for novice drivers on track like me) and I thought the car handled very well. Admittedly a layman's conclusion I will probably recant with better rubber someday, but I passed a lot of other cars during my five 30 minute sessions on the track. When the car did want to break loose it was controllable, fun, and short-lived. If you can, take it to a curvy track sometime and have a blast! Handling seems to always be a pleasant surprise due to the car's "heavy" and "emphasis on straight line acceleration" qualities.

Finface

1 - 9 of 9 Posts