Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanting to add glass breakage/shock sensor and tilt sensor to my new SPC, what are my options? Are they something I should get from Mopar? Are they options that can be added at any local Car Alarm Installer? Will they work seamlessly with the factory alarm without having to buy a completely new alarm system? Any "Brand Name" sensors I should consider, don't want any cheap stuff?
Thanks for any info! :D
Todd

·
Registered
442 Posts
To get full coverage that will protect your car, you need to add a full system. 2 way alarm system is the way I would go. Then add backup battery, glass break sensor. Shock sensor is standard with the alarm system. Depending on what brands are in your area, I would get compustar, viper, python all installed by authorized dealer comes with lifetime warranty. I wound not buy any system online as most install shops won’t install them with warranty. This is something you buy and get installed locally if you can. I have this unit on my car, with tilt sensor, backup battery and glassbreak. This system also has remote start feature also. Oem factory remotestart System has limited range where as this one has up to a 1 mile range. Worked well for me for the past 4 years without any issues. Python and viper is the same, made by same company DEI Electronics. Same warranty when bought and installed by authorized dealers.

3FA5D87A-425A-45D6-8051-1D2E6C9B8BFB.jpeg

1 - 2 of 2 Posts