Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,989 Posts
Within a week of acquisition I drove to Atlanta and back. That was the first of 3 such trips over the next couple years.

What can I say, I like to drive!
just looked that up - not all that long of a drive ~ 780mi.

That's just a little more than the round-trip miles from my home to my dad's hometown in SE Georgia. I'm appreciative the route doesn't run through the ATL area...that traffic

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
7,359 Posts
just looked that up - not all that long of a drive ~ 780mi.

That's just a little more than the round-trip miles from my home to my dad's hometown in SE Georgia. I'm appreciative the route doesn't run through the ATL area...that traffic
780 miles?!? That doesn't sound like much, but I will say it took me 15 hours to get there and 13 to get back...I will also say that the kind of people you meet in an Alabaman road side park at 2:00 am are very strange...very strange indeed!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
19,686 Posts
I never replied when people started questioning the legitimacy of the first post as I have done before. I don't like jumping on a new poster because it's possible they are trolling , in fact the rules specify to welcome new members and offer help (Please welcome all newcomers with friendly advice about how to find info & resources and get involved in our community - If you can't be friendly, be quiet Forum Rules / Advertising Rules). If a post does turn out to be a troll, unlike this poster, then he succeeded if everyone calls him out, as that's what trolls want.

If there are any shenanigans, I/we will see it and take appropriate action. It's not necessary to question the legitimacy of every post negative to the Challenger. Often it is an actual owner with an issue that while uncommon, they treat as proof every car is bad.

Sometimes a troll will post to stir the pot. In that case legit helpful replies may also get them off as much as indignant replies that the poster is suspicious. So I'd like to see the posts treated as legit, and helpful suggestions given, assuming the assertions are not so ludicrous as to suspend belief.

Either way DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS is a common among every online forum/community. No one got nasty in this thread, but it's really not necessary to jump on an individual post because it could be a troll. Kill them with kindness is a better approach. It costs us nothing, and in reality, it's not a big deal. Too thin skinned is not necessary, we all know how good these cars are ;) My humble opinion...

A Guy

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Shaker 6 spd manual 18 spkrs Harmon Kardon
216 Posts
I'm sorry you see so many bad apples. I have been a dodge/jeep owner for 25+ years (Ram, durango(s), Wrangler(s), Challenger(s). What can I say, I like variety. Sorry I did not join a year ago with my first scat pack. Yes, I did move from the small 245's to the widebody. Yes, dodge won an award. I personally am not aware of any competition to the challenger...Hoping next year I will be in a hellcat if things line up.
Thanks for being a good sport. On my end I was more than anything generalizing some aspects of the Internet with a past not so pleasant experience.

Beautiful car by the way. I had the choice of wide body or Shaker. I went for the Shaker is I never have driven an auto car!

Thanks for the reply and my sincrere appologies for being a bit too outspoken towards a situation, while not necessarily towards you.

Hellcat? I think often about it!... but, I would have to turn it down even of gifted to me! I drive way too fast. [Europe for 40+ years] Yet, what a car!!!

@A Guy Thank You for the above post. I feel as I have strayed after reading it. A good reminder.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts