Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car #345...white w/blue stripes. Loving it! Had the 2nd Viper in town back in 1993 and very happy to be back in the musclecar camp. My supercharged H2 is fun but a bit less balls to the wall fast. Looking forward to this site.

U.F.O.

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Car #345...white w/blue stripes. Loving it! Had the 2nd Viper in town back in 1993 and very happy to be back in the musclecar camp. My supercharged H2 is fun but a bit less balls to the wall fast. Looking forward to this site.

U.F.O.
Congratulations! You'll have to give us a first drive analysis plus look factor.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Welcome aboard, enjoy your new toy. :)

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Congratulations and welcome aboard! :)

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is there a place to go here for hints on setting up my new "392" for best street performance? I don't want to void my warranty, but would like to maximize the experience. Thx.

U.F.O.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dodge, it's a torqued up rocket! You'd better have the car pointed in a straght line with full throttle on from a rolling start or she'll slide sideways for a city block. The WOW factor is amazing. Guys stopping in parking lots and backing up to get a better look. Dodge nailed this 392ci engine. Back in 1970/1971 the famous 426ci Hemi only produced 425hp, so with modern technology this 392 is an order of magnitude more powerful. Mine is the 5 speed auto model and I have no complaints yet. Shift points seem well thought out. I like the auto downshift feature. My previous forays into muscle cars started in 1970 when my uncle owned a Dodge dealership in AL. Back in the day at age 16/17 I had a chance to drive 440 Magnum and 440 6 pack Challengers and Chargers to my heart's content. The "392' makes them seem slow by comparison. Did my 1st oil change at 1,000 miles and I'm running 93 oct gas with a bottle of STP octane boost in each fill-up. The engine seems to thrive on the 96-97 octane level.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Congratulations on your 11 392. I hear you on the warranty issue. My advice is to enjoy it as it is for now. Because your car is the first with the 392 engine the after market will be a bit slow to offer much in the way power adders for now but rest assured they will catch up eventually. I'm thinking most of your options would be to either chrome up your engine compartment or carbon fiber it depending on which look you like. Likewise on the interior as well. Most of the small street performance items are for the 6.1 so you're going to have to be a little patient on this.
Okay I'll throw one of my favorites out, the sprint booster. This little module plugs into your excellerator pedal and helps liven up the sensitivity of the pedal when handling the pressure your foot places on it. Helps do away with the granny feel you might experience at slower more docile speeds. Do a google search or PM me for more info if interested.
Having the 392 means your at the top of the food chain so to speak. Enjoy the feeling while it lasts. Do remember your car is only original once. Keep any original parts you take off now for when/if you should decide to sell your car in the future. Originality rules & gets the most $$$.
Till then feel the heat coming off the street as you enjoy your new ride!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Contgratulations!

This a list of parts that will help your experience without voiding your warranty.

-ditch your Goodyears and install more serious rubber, Nitto Nt-01s are great

-Keep a lookout for an updated Diablsport tuner

-Get a Hop Not kit

-Royal Purple fluids

-ditch the octane boosters you have more than enough octane with 93....boosters contain MMT which can damage your catlyst. They will only raise you 10 octane points which is less than 1 ron point.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts